• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Direction

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's all about sacrificing space after all... this is not your regular car! If you want a spare in the boot, then don't take a passenger so you can use that space for groceries, luggage, etc.

EARL LANEY

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Why not make spatz or trailer fenders and option choice?

Also, how about making them both so that they are easy to change or to remove altogether?
That would also make it easy to attach fully customized fenders - which could lead to some very cool ideas.
That way everybody gets their own choice.

Am I the only one who likes the spatz?
What you are calling spatz in aircraft they are called wheel pants. It is to gain speed to deflect wind.
I like them as well as I like the nice cast alum. wheel. The only thing with the open wheel is that the car
is going to get a lot dirtier. The wheel pants will prevent that.

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wheel spatz is an aircraft term. I lived thru the fixed gear on aircraft in the 1930''s period , and when aerodynamics became the buzz word for speed , spatz came into use on fixed gear! Fender skirts was the term used in the automotive world to partially cover the rear wheel opening more as an styling additive than deflecting wind! Wheel "pants" is new to me. RB

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't understand why people are hung up on not having a spare. How many motorcycle's have a spare? Do you know how many new cars today do not come with a spare tire (or runflats)? Quite a few, my 2013 Spark came with a flat tire kit. I like the P4, not a fan of the shroud around rear wheel, but I don't care enough to sell my spot or my Elio when I get it. Elio stay the course! Price, MPG, standard features are the most important features..........everything else is a bonus. If I want to change spatz/ pants whatever I will. But give us what you promised, and NO COMPLAINTS from me!

The P4 looks the part-futuristic, exposed wheels do not. Before the P4, I was thinking moon discs for the exposed wheels (painted).

Farm Boy

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I like the fenders. But i would like to see lights and turn signals on the fenders, think tracking head light like on a Tucker.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
FenderLights.jpg
I like the fenders. But i would like to see lights and turn signals on the fenders, think tracking head light like on a Tucker.
The fenders are connected to the suspension; think 'dancing light show' with bouncing Headlights..... distracting to both the driver and oncoming traffic, and most likely 'illegal'! But I do like the idea of 'position lights' on the fenders, like these Can-Am options.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Instead of the 'where to hide a spare' problems; just get one of these 'Slime Repair Kits'.... and throw it in the trunk.

Attachments

• slimeRepairKit.jpg
    slimeRepairKit.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 285

EARL LANEY

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Wheel spatz is an aircraft term. I lived thru the fixed gear on aircraft in the 1930''s period , and when aerodynamics became the buzz word for speed , spatz came into use on fixed gear! Fender skirts was the term used in the automotive world to partially cover the rear wheel opening more as an styling additive than deflecting wind! Wheel "pants" is new to me. RB
I am 78 and I am an old pilot, have lots of hours in the old tail draggers and tri gear. My first air craft was a PT-19. Bought for 300.00 and sold it for 600.00 wish I had it today.
worth about 60,000.00.

outtaget1

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Spats, pants,, trlr fndrs,,,, Each has its merit.. I think when these buggers hit the first slush road, they will all be gone,,, or the wheels froze up inside them... Somebody will wise up sooner or later, they maybe have only made one set to put on the P4 to get some inside
crap on them... Something tells me the 'wheel fairings' are the idea of some engineer straight out of a preppy U, trying to make a statement... Soon perhaps to be shoved down his throat with practicality and common sense.... All in all, this is a production rig, and I would bet my pontoons there is a state law out there somewhere that caused that to happen... I like the trlr fnder and 100 dollar rim the best,,, So,, let me be the first to advertise an Orange pair of hehehehe SPATS --- FOR SALE-- Only used once... No Ice breakage apparent.
JS.. 3937

Top Bottom