• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Elio email

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just got the email also. First inclination is to doubt but my heart rate did pick up a bit as I really like the last Model. My number is 11,492 and I am $1,000 all in. I will consider the electric but I want at the original price. After all the discounts my balance would be $5,800. I am sitting on a 2018 Altima with 19000 miles and only owe about 10 Grand. I also bought a 2008 Lincoln Town Car that is paid off. I am not very optimistic.

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I never wanted it to be electric. That'll price it out of making sense for me. We bought a Tesla Model Y last year and... Well, I'll never buy a gas vehicle again. The acceleration is unlike anything else. My daughter pulled into the garage the other day while I was out there. I didn't realize how much gas stinks. I've been around it too much. Anyway, I already have the Cybertruck on order now. I suppose it would make sense to use an Elio as a daily driver but I don't know. With the solar option, I'll only need to charge once every couple of months (in my garage) and it would be hard to want to drive an Elio at this point. It does have it's size going for it though. It'll also be definitely unique. Possibly bordering on being cool. We'll see. Now, let me hold my breath again...

Reaction score
Unbelievable. I guess the term "a sucker is born every minute" really does apply. After all that is happened, and look at you all falling right back into the same old, same old.

The reality is... you lost your down-payment ($1,000 for me), the car will NEVER be built, and Paul Elio will keep on going raising money and keeping himself out there. This pipe-dream is just as dead today as it has been for the past several years.

Oh wait a minute... it says it on the internet, so it must be true. Geeze. :frusty::frusty::frusty:

dienel

Reaction score
Came back to the site because of the email. Not surprised by the true believers, nor the skeptics.

color me skeptical. Couldn’t get it done before, and unless they got a sugar daddy with a couple of hundred million, they won’t be able to do it now. It’s obvious that Paul worked as visionary, but not so well as a CEO.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are they going to honor the $1000.00 down and price set originally? Inquiring minds want to know!
My bet is on "honor the $1000.00 down"= Sure, if you're willing to pay the price they'll have to charge.
"And price set originally?" = No way in Hades.

What they'll likely do is tell you that it costs the same in the end because of all the electric car rebates and incentives you'd get if you lived in Timbuktu. The problem is that my income is now such that tax credits would not save me a dime on an electric vehicle. Not one dime. $14,000 for (knowing EM) what is likely to be a constant science project with next to no backup from these shills is not attractive in the least.

$1000 for a bumper sticker, T-shirt and (today) a good laugh.

Would you buy a car from THIS guy?

Attachments

• comforting-lies.jpg
    comforting-lies.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unbelievable. I guess the term "a sucker is born every minute" really does apply. After all that is happened, and look at you all falling right back into the same old, same old.

The reality is... you lost your down-payment ($1,000 for me), the car will NEVER be built, and Paul Elio will keep on going raising money and keeping himself out there. This pipe-dream is just as dead today as it has been for the past several years.

Oh wait a minute... it says it on the internet, so it must be true. Geeze. :frusty::frusty::frusty:
Nothing wrong with following the story. It was a great concept and still is. I highly doubt anyone that had money in the first round is going to put money in it this go around. Newbies could be a different story though. I suggest new interested parties take a long look before putting down a dime. All they have to do is to take 30 mins and skim over the past 2-3 years on this forum. Their eyes will be opened real quick.

I hope they can build it... but they'll have to prove it to me.

Top Bottom