• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Elio email

jevans64

Elio Fan
Reaction score
If I had to guess Elio is looking at Electra Meccanica and their success with a compact EV. I've been contemplating the Solo since my daily commute is only 16 miles now through back roads. My car is only 5 years old and can go almost 4 weeks without filling up so the 100 mile range on the Solo would still get me through the entire week. If I had to guess the Elio EV would probably be within the same range since there is always a compromise between battery range and space/weight restrictions in a vehicle this small. The Solo, for now, is being built in China. I would assume Elio would go the same route and possibly use the same manufacturer.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For SEC info: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1531266/000149315221022161/ex6-43.htm

Here is one page that is interesting in that if Elio does not pay up by Sept 30, 2021 it looks like all the assets will belong to Racer Trust.

ex6-43_001.jpg

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Solo, for now, is being built in China. I would assume Elio would go the same route and possibly use the same manufacturer.
You assumed wrong my friend. Guess you haven't been around long enough to understand the reason Paul started this adventure in the first place. He wants to prove it can be done in America. Last time I checked, China isn't in the America's.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You assumed wrong my friend. Guess you haven't been around long enough to understand the reason Paul started this adventure in the first place. He wants to prove it can be done in America. Last time I checked, China isn't in the America's.

Depends on who you ask. It is now debatable.

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Electric would make sense for the Elio. The advancement in battery and electric motors is in the fast lane of development. I hope Paul makes it happen.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As technology advanced, the promise of 84MPG has lost some appeal. I now drive a Toyota Corolla Hybrid that gets 53 MPG in a traditional 4 wheel configuration and it cost $20K. But it's IN MY DRIVEWAY!

It may not have the COOL factor, but it has the REAL factor.

I went from a 2000 F-350 16 MPG to

2014 Prius Hybrid 48MPG to (Truck too $ to maintain)

2017 Prius Hybrid 51 MPG to (Hurricane RITA)

2020 Corolla Hybrid 53 MPG (Needed room and color - never could find silver in a parking lot)

Last edited:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The website changed. https://www.eliomotors.com
They have the Elio E and the Elio G.
I want the G(gas)
I have no place to plug it in.
I love how they just skip the part where you still pay for electricity. It's not free. However, if they do electrify, I hope it is with standard 110V or at least 220V standard plugs and not some crazy alternative you can't find anywhere.

The biggest benefit with going electric is the efficiency of the motors. It's the batteries which have always been the limiting factor for electrics. Electrics will perform much better on the same amount of stored energy. But from a total energy cost perspective, you have to include the energy used to generate and store that electricity.

The Hybrids use this and some recaptured energy lost in braking to heat production in traditional configurations to achieve efficiency.

Now I want a $7000 electric. THAT would get me excited.

Last edited:

ABC123

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Sorry, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

This email prompted me to reply, updating folks that I’ve moved on. Shame on me for believing this could happen. Paul is untrustworthy.

I had my accountant write off the loss as a bad debt. Then this spring we bought a 2020 Mustang convertible. We are now having the fun we were supposed to experience with the Elio. Hopefully I’ve made more friends than enemies here over the past several years. Thanks to the moderators for keeping the ship afloat. I’m an optimist at heart, but eventually reality and acceptance has to set in. Good luck, all.

Top Bottom