• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Elio email

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suggest you look at that three wheeler. Looks like a Vanderhall. Thus too hard to get into (as compared to a FUV) and no roof. Plus' the helmet laws at the time make it mandatory for many to wear them. In the end, I can see why VW cancelled the project. Only a few would buy it and not make it profitable due to lack of volume. Plus, it was to cost $17K back in 2006. So only the billionaires could afford it at the time. That would be just over $25K today. Way too expensive. People today can't even get loans for that kind of money.
View attachment 26477
You assume I didn’t look at the vehicle???? I followed all of VW’s concepts. Yes, similar to the Vanderhall platform, so what? I prefer the Vanderhall styling, but neither met or meet my needs. Back in the day, I had more interest in the L-1 concept. Audi had some interesting concepts too, but all vaporware. Years later, after following the Arcimoto full enclosure disappointment, I’ve concluded all three wheeler motorcycles/autocycles, are niche market vehicles, likely hand builds, with a high msrp.
1680282548903.jpeg

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You assume I didn’t look at the vehicle????
Sorry, I apologize. I needed to look at the specific three wheeler you were referring to (had no idea what it was but I was completely wrong and to blame 100%). I picked the wrong one and thus I am super wrong.
I almost picked this one. That would have been worse.
vw scooter.JPG

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, I apologize. I needed to look at the specific three wheeler you were referring to (had no idea what it was but I was completely wrong and to blame 100%). I picked the wrong one and thus I am super wrong.
I almost picked this one. That would have been worse.
View attachment 26482
I think that is way cool. It is a shame - IMO - that they didn't make that one. I would have bought it. Perhaps VW can still make it but as an electric car?
Cars That Never Made It Etc.
5459763af2bbcd58ab1524516ae65d7e1e766654.jpg

It seems VW has a lot of cool concepts that went nowhere.
Old Concept Cars.
VW Scooter - YouTube.

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You assume I didn’t look at the vehicle???? I followed all of VW’s concepts. Yes, similar to the Vanderhall platform, so what? I prefer the Vanderhall styling, but neither met or meet my needs. Back in the day, I had more interest in the L-1 concept. Audi had some interesting concepts too, but all vaporware. Years later, after following the Arcimoto full enclosure disappointment, I’ve concluded all three wheeler motorcycles/autocycles, are niche market vehicles, likely hand builds, with a high msrp.
View attachment 26479
this made me think it was like a modern version of the Messerschmitt KR200 or the TGR version which had four wheels. I think it would be cool if they had made it. I would have gotten one.

There is a company that is making the Messerschmitt KR again. Electrek. Messerschmitt Werk DE. Messerschmitt Werk DE - Facebook. Motor Trend.
Messerschmitt-KR-202-02.jpg.jpg

Top Bottom