• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Engine Unveiling And Testing

Past Fanatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Would you just look !, I don't know !, is that ?, is that light at the end of the tunnel !?
NOPE, that it just the BRIGHT LIGHT at the 'beginning' of the tunnel. According to Elio Motors' own words, now they have to BUILD “18 to 26” E Series Pre-production vehicles, and an additional 17 to 25 more IAV engines to place in them so they can BEGIN their 'testing phase' and actual crash tests, in order to “finalize” their design. They also have to get the IAV engine EPA certified, and 'create' an Elio Engine Manufacturing Facility in the Shreveport Plant. After the design is “finalized” they can then begin to 're-tool' the factory and hire/train workers. No Worries, they have 14 months before the 'deadline'..... and plenty of money! OR, could that be the 'Light of Reality'?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
NOPE, that it just the BRIGHT LIGHT at the 'beginning' of the tunnel. According to Elio Motors' own words, now they have to BUILD “18 to 26” E Series Pre-production vehicles, and an additional 17 to 25 more IAV engines to place in them so they can BEGIN their 'testing phase' and actual crash tests, in order to “finalize” their design. They also have to get the IAV engine EPA certified, and 'create' an Elio Engine Manufacturing Facility in the Shreveport Plant. After the design is “finalized” they can then begin to 're-tool' the factory and hire/train workers. No Worries, they have 14 months before the 'deadline'..... and plenty of money! OR, could that be the 'Light of Reality'?
They've been 're-tooling the factory for a while now so that is one thing they have going. Having seen the assembly process at the factory, that part really isn't that big of a deal. Besides, they have COMAU helping them.

I'd be surprised if they haven't been working on at least most of the components for the test mules already or at least aquiring the items. They already know what and where piecesbgo go. There will probably be a little fiddling with the frame but not much, I'd bet. I wasn't aware they decided to get the engine EPA tested but knew they were building it to meet standards anyway. When it comes down to it though, it is hard to get efficiency without a very efficient burn so it really wouldn't take much to hit EPA targets.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
According to Elio Motors' own words, ....

how many times does it have to be pointed out that EM is evolving, not static .... as the real world circumstances the company face change, some goals/projections/anticipations have to be adapted .... quoting from the past may or may not reflect the reality of today .... numbers of test vehicles projected could certainly change .... as a long time follower of EM, I have no doubt that you are aware of that fact .... its also clear that with your agenda, you feel compelled to twist anything so as to suit it .... I ask again, why would you want to deal with a company that you feel so bitter toward

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes. but did you know the distance between home plate and second base is 127'-3 5/8"?

Past Fanatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
how many times does it have to be pointed out that EM is evolving, not static .... as the real world circumstances the company face change, some goals/projections/anticipations have to be adapted .... quoting from the past may or may not reflect the reality of today .... numbers of test vehicles projected could certainly change .... as a long time follower of EM, I have no doubt that you are aware of that fact .... its also clear that with your agenda, you feel compelled to twist anything so as to suit it .... I ask again, why would you want to deal with a company that you feel so bitter toward
Yes, and Elio Motors has yet to 'amend' their OLD statement...... with a current PLAN! ....... if they have one. We can only go with their 'most current' statement..... and that is what I have provided. Perhaps you have more information.... from their "transparency"?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, and Elio Motors has yet to 'amend' their OLD statement...... with a current PLAN! ....... if they have one. We can only go with their 'most current' statement..... and that is what I have provided. Perhaps you have more information.... from their "transparency"?
Hummmm, but did you know- slugs have 4 eyes?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

me have more info ? ... certainly not .... don't claim to ... nor do you .... they will alter their projections when they feel the need .... the reality is, all of your huff'n and puff'n accomplishes nothing .... the difference is, I don't know if the project will succeed or fail but realizing I can't do anything about it one way or the other, I'm content to sit back and see how things develop .... even though you can't do anything about it one way or the other, from your post, you clearly have an agenda to come here and whine in an attempt to sew discontent .... have you considered joining the hater's site, you'd probably fit right in over there .... in the past you've said you can't post at EM's site because you've been banned .... you also know that none of the folks here can go anything about your concerns .... I'll ask again, why would you want to deal with a company you feel this way about ..... why not find something you can support and be happy about

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
me have more info ? ... certainly not .... don't claim to ... nor do you .... they will alter their projections when they feel the need .... the reality is, all of your huff'n and puff'n accomplishes nothing .... the difference is, I don't know if the project will succeed or fail but realizing I can't do anything about it one way or the other, I'm content to sit back and see how things develop .... even though you can't do anything about it one way or the other, from your post, you clearly have an agenda to come here and whine in an attempt to sew discontent .... have you considered joining the hater's site, you'd probably fit right in over there .... in the past you've said you can't post at EM's site because you've been banned .... you also know that none of the folks here can go anything about your concerns .... I'll ask again, why would you want to deal with a company you feel this way about ..... why not find something you can support and be happy about
you're putting out too much for this stuff, don't bother, unless like me when I add an inane unrelated piece of .....

Past Fanatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
... I'll ask again, why would you want to deal with a company you feel this way about ......
Very SIMPLE.... to 'inform' NEW people of Elio Motor's 'deceptive practices' and 'unfulfilled promises'.... so that they are not 'suckered' into a Reservation, on a vehicle that Elio Motors will never be able to deliver! Definitely NOT in the time frame that Elio Motors is 'claiming'!

Top Bottom