• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New From Florida

JadeyLady

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hey Daphne, welcome to the forum!

I'm a State Farm customer in Kansas... it may depend on who you talk to, but it's been at least a year since I asked the question to my agent. "Yes, we'll insure it" was the response. The rates won't be determined for quite some time.

I'm not sure if FL requires a motorcycle license to drive the Elio, you can search using the box in the upper right corner to see what you can find. In case you haven't read it yet, the Elio is called an autocycle but is considered a motorcycle by the Federal govt. So you will register it like a motorcycle and hopefully in FL drive it like a car with a normal license.
I have my fingers crossed for that Jeff Porter. Insurance and registration rates tend to be lower on a motorcycle...even if I do have to get a motorcycle license. Though, I'd really rather not. I am one of the equilibrium challenged ;)

LOL at Rickb Right back at ya!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
formerly from Delray beach
big answer- there will be no endorsements or requirements to drive the E. Also, you will be able to drive the HOV lanes without a passenger.
Might have to wait awhile to sit in one locally,, the E was shown in Palm Beach County and Jacksonville within the last few months.
Welcome, enjoy, and best of luck whatever options you should pursue

JadeyLady

Elio Fan
Reaction score
formerly from Delray beach
big answer- there will be no endorsements or requirements to drive the E. Also, you will be able to drive the HOV lanes without a passenger.
Might have to wait awhile to sit in one locally,, the E was shown in Palm Beach County and Jacksonville within the last few months.
Welcome, enjoy, and best of luck whatever options you should pursue
Wonderful! Thank you Rucrayze!!

Top Bottom