• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Here And Wondering About Backing Up

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi all. Wanna be an Elio owner here in Central TX, for sure!

One thing I have been wondering, well more than one, but I digress. I have not seen any reports on how the Elio is to back up. Is it any different with just the one back wheel? I realize there is no rear view mirror, duh!, and the o/s mirrors look small.

Thanks in advance, and more questions to follow...

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
BACKING UP A 3 WHEELER IS NOT MUCH DIFFERENT THAT ANY CONVENTIONAL LAYOUT . (2F / 1R)
IN FACT , THE NARROW REAR MAKES IT EASIER ESPECIALLY FOR SOMETHING LIKE PARALLEL PARKING .

DSC_0165.JPG

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It looks like the side mirros provide for excellent visibility behind the very narrow Elio. The person waving in this photo is standing dead center behind the Elio and is visible from the the driver's seat. I anticipate a short learning curve on backing using the side mirrors for most drivers.

image.jpeg

Gizmo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It looks like the side mirros provide for excellent visibility behind the very narrow Elio. The person waving in this photo is standing dead center behind the Elio and is visible from the the driver's seat. I anticipate a short learning curve on backing using the side mirrors for most drivers.

View attachment 7365

If I could parallel park an 18 wheeler for my license many years ago not to mention the wiggle wagons on some of the farms I worked as a kid I doubt this little thing will present much of a problem at all.

Top Bottom