• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Here And Wondering About Backing Up

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi all. Wanna be an Elio owner here in Central TX, for sure!

One thing I have been wondering, well more than one, but I digress. I have not seen any reports on how the Elio is to back up. Is it any different with just the one back wheel? I realize there is no rear view mirror, duh!, and the o/s mirrors look small.

Thanks in advance, and more questions to follow...
KD, welcome to the Elio family and to the forum. Hopefully David Brower's response answered your question. We are a friendly helpful group and try to answer any question. Welcome again and enjoy the journey with us.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
An aftermarket rear view camera will run you about $50
Here's the Monitor I used $19.90
And the Camera $17.99
The newer model of the Camera (It's "swoopier") $44.99 Both the older camera and the newer version are by E-Sky (Hey, "Put an Esky in your Elio) :thumb:

And so I didn't have to run wires from the tailgate to the dash I used a WiFi setup $10.24
You probably wouldn't want it in the Elio; it works ok, but I wouldn't recommend using it full time; the picture can flake out at times from interference for a number of different things.

It works great for me; I've had it in for 8 months and it's been flawless. The night vision while not great it's very acceptable.
For $50 you couldn't ask for more.
Coss, Thanks for the great information and links

Top Bottom