• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Job

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Woo Hoo.....

dance.jpg

Good Luck Goofyone! I'm sure you will excel, have a cold one on me. :)

beer.jpg

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I am starting a new job tomorrow which will take me on the road a good bit. I do not plan on abandoning this forum, or my role as a moderator, all-together however I will simply have less time to spend enjoying what everyone has to share.

I had been planning to step away for a few weeks to take a few online courses to update and refresh my network engineer training before going back to IT work however a job literally just fell into my lap over the weekend. I took a call Sunday afternoon from someone needing a person with my skill set and clearance for a job starting asap and I decided to accept the offer. I was supposed to begin on Monday, May 4, however this evening they called and said that there is apparently an important meeting in the DC area on Thursday and Friday and they really want me there so off I go. It's always fun when a new job begins by being tossed into the deep end as I have not even had time to review the project documents in detail so I will be cramming those in as well. :cool:

As I am sure some of you are curious to know, I will be working upgrading/replacing the technology systems for the Army and Air Force Exchange System stores. Over the course of the project the team must visit every Army and Air Force post around the world which has PX/BX stores and replace all the computerized cash registers, PC's, and associated communications equipment. To make it even more 'fun' we are limited to when and how many terminals we can take down at once and when/how long we can take down communications to replace that equipment.

Sounds like a great project! Very interesting work. What online courses will you be taking for network engineering?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am starting a new job tomorrow which will take me on the road a good bit. I do not plan on abandoning this forum, or my role as a moderator, all-together however I will simply have less time to spend enjoying what everyone has to share.

I had been planning to step away for a few weeks to take a few online courses to update and refresh my network engineer training before going back to IT work however a job literally just fell into my lap over the weekend. I took a call Sunday afternoon from someone needing a person with my skill set and clearance for a job starting asap and I decided to accept the offer. I was supposed to begin on Monday, May 4, however this evening they called and said that there is apparently an important meeting in the DC area on Thursday and Friday and they really want me there so off I go. It's always fun when a new job begins by being tossed into the deep end as I have not even had time to review the project documents in detail so I will be cramming those in as well. :cool:

As I am sure some of you are curious to know, I will be working upgrading/replacing the technology systems for the Army and Air Force Exchange System stores. Over the course of the project the team must visit every Army and Air Force post around the world which has PX/BX stores and replace all the computerized cash registers, PC's, and associated communications equipment. To make it even more 'fun' we are limited to when and how many terminals we can take down at once and when/how long we can take down communications to replace that equipment.
Do you need someone to carry your bags???
It sounds wonderful, enjoy!!

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do you need someone to carry your bags???
It sounds wonderful, enjoy!!
By jove, there is hope for you yet. I'd be honored to carry your luggage too.
Funny point here but the Army was so meticulous in it's job designations that they may have had one for "luggage carrier" or perhaps one for "toolbox maintainer". LOL

Top Bottom