• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Kia

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A good Eliopportunity. Get a few Hypermilers here on this board. Give them an Elio and have them demonstrate the mileage along Route 66. Start from Long Beach and end in Chicago during the Chicago Auto Show. Have them showing up at the end of the route with them getting out of the car and a big sign with the mpg they got. It would be Elio believers showing the world how their car can perform better than advertised. Not some paid guys but people that believe in the product. Do a blog and even a live feed on various social media sites along the trip. Plus, do plenty of Tweets. This would be a perfect PR item and then let all of the ones that don't believe, that this is something that can and will happen. It also makes this Kia announcement look like a joke.

There's enough time for Elio to put this together and it wouldn't cost that much. They don't even have to be in the Chicago Auto Show either. Just stealing away the thunder from them.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 21069 This Kia has got to hurt? Do you agree?
What do you think about this one? Vantasia Van
FB_IMG_1484609656356.jpg

View attachment 21069 This Kia has got to hurt? Do you agree?

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At $23K that's 3X the cost of an Elio; plus that $23,00 is base price, I doubt very many make it through the doors as a Base model and since they don't do accessories Ala Cart like the Elio does, you'd have to get a whole package so we're looking at $26K?

If you're going to consider base, then consider what you get on the base Elio. I'd imagine Elio will need quite a few options to match the base Niro in amenities.

They are very different vehicles, obviously...but it's not quite as simple as stating that the Elio is 3x cheaper.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
If you're going to consider base, then consider what you get on the base Elio. I'd imagine Elio will need quite a few options to match the base Niro in amenities.

They are very different vehicles, obviously...but it's not quite as simple as stating that the Elio is 3x the cost.
I did say that it was a different market and it is, the Niro and the Elio would never compete head to head, they are complete different market segments.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For me, its the unique look of the Elio and the price. I never worried about the gas mileage and to be honest, doubt it will be as good as they hope.

So for me, this don't compete. But if the Elio don't happen its good to know other possibilities.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For me, its the unique look of the Elio and the price. I never worried about the gas mileage and to be honest, doubt it will be as good as they hope.

So for me, this don't compete. But if the Elio don't happen its good to know other possibilities.

Yes, I believe that most interested in the Elio aren't actually as concerned with efficiency. At least, I believe anything above 50 mpg is probably lost on most.

Top Bottom