• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Sec Filing

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I found the article referencing $100 million.

Article also said:

"Elio Motors says IPO size estimated solely for the purpose of calculating the amount of the registration fee"

So it could be more or less.

Equally important is moving to the NASDAQ. It means we'll get a lot more information. Being listed on the OTC pink sheets requires almost no reporting. If Elio goes to the NASDAQ they'll be under the microscope.

STLviaCMH

Elio Fan
Reaction score
My heart skipped a beat when I saw the email from "PAUL ELIO" instead of "elio motors."

This could be, as they said in "Bedknobs and Broomsticks," a step in the right direction.

Which begs the other question - who's buying?

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully soon. At the top it says: Approximate date of commencement of proposed sale to the public: As soon as practicable after the effective date of this registration statement.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It will not create money from thin air. To get people to buy the stock they will have to make it appealing. They would have to sell it at quite a discount from present price.
The offering price as of now is an unknown.

" Drexel Hamilton LLC will serve as lead manager in the offering.

The proposed offering will be made only by means of a prospectus. A copy of the preliminary prospectus, when available, may be obtained from Drexel Hamilton LLC "

The offering price will be determined by "them".

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I shared the same initial flash reaction: "why only $100M?"

The ATVM loan application was for $186M, FWIW. That office and loan guarantee program is still open and functioning, and stands to continue operating into FY2018 based on subcommittee budget proposals being passed out of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives. An estimated $16 Billion in ATVM loan funding authority still stands to be lent out to approved applicants.

It's been 9+ months since Elio's public press release announcing that it had "engaged Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. and Northland Capital Markets for investment banking services, including strategic advisory, financing and capital markets strategies". So far, we've heard nothing of substance related to this business partnership.

What I look forward to the most in Elio Motors' application to trade publicly on a major stock exchange like the NASDAQ is the enhanced scrutiny, stricter reporting requirements, tighter auditing rules and increased publicity. While trading on the OTCQX as a 'pink-slipped' ticker symbol, we were lucky to hear much of anything 2-4 times per year via comprehensive SEC filings. On the NASDAQ, the flow of information between the Elio Motors Board of Directors and investors at-large would justifiably increase in reporting frequency and comprehensiveness of material disclosed.

For all of the 65,3xx+ reservation holders and holders of ELIO stock -- the 'true believers' -- jumping from an OTC market to the NASDAQ also provides, albeit subjective in nature, a sense of realness and legitimacy that ought to silence skeptics, naysayers, and critics who accuse Paul Elio's venture of being/becoming a swindle or Ponzi scheme.

Paul Elio has said for a long time that his capital strategy never rested solely on the ATVM federal government loan from the Dept. of Energy. Even I began to believe, unfortunately, that he may have naively bet his business on that program and wound up with a losing hand. But maybe, just maybe, he really does have multiple capital sources lined up, and the NASDAQ offering represents just one such option.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My heart skipped a beat when I saw the email from "PAUL ELIO" instead of "elio motors."

This could be, as they said in "Bedknobs and Broomsticks," a step in the right direction.

Which begs the other question - who's buying?
If Elio can qualify for the offering; who cares what kind of magnifying glass they use. But your mystical reference to "Bedknobs and Broomsticks" Huh???. LOL

Top Bottom