• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Sec Filing

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I remember seeing that video three or four years ago, I don't remember it as being 'official' from EM nor do I remember any numbers released. Maybe someone can clear that up for me. If it's good enough to tell the DOE folks, it should be good enough for us, no? I also don't remember any of the five 'prototypes' running that engine more than 'around the block' at very slow speeds. Even then wasn't there a Geo Metro engine in there somewhere? Has Linamar done anything more with this dynoed and tested engine? Anyone know what's really going on with this?
Not I, but then again, they do not have to tell us anything, so I would just be glad to know, that they have the engine, and that it works.

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In order to qualify for listing on the Nasdaq Global market, "Companies must meet all of the criteria under at least one of the four standards below:

-- Income Standard
-- Equity Standard
-- Market Value
-- Total Assets/Total Revenue Standard"

Check out page 8, specifically, from this document: https://listingcenter.nasdaq.com/assets/initialguide.pdf

Based upon Elio Motors' current financial situation, under which standard do they likely intend to qualify for public listing?

This document also reveals that once an application is submitted for listing, it is likely a 6-8 week delay before listing on the exchange takes place, if at all.

And...

Did anyone else notice that RACER extended the forbearance agreement another two months, until 09/30/17, for Elio Motors to continue skipping monthly promissory note payments and scrounge up a minimum of $25 million from debt and/or equity offerings?

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I remember seeing that video three or four years ago, I don't remember it as being 'official' from EM nor do I remember any numbers released. Maybe someone can clear that up for me. If it's good enough to tell the DOE folks, it should be good enough for us, no? I also don't remember any of the five 'prototypes' running that engine more than 'around the block' at very slow speeds. Even then wasn't there a Geo Metro engine in there somewhere? Has Linamar done anything more with this dynoed and tested engine? Anyone know what's really going on with this?
Communication went strangely dark immediately after that video was released.

No stats were ever given from that test to my knowledge.
However, EM did release that they had achieved 82MPG in simulations.
And documentation from the ATVM loan guarantee program was posted here...
That stated that simulated stats could satisfy the program's requirements if the simulations...
Were done according to DOE approved methods. I certainly would assume that EM was careful to comply.

Not saying your other points aren't valid concerns. I just wanted to revisit the technicality covering that particular concern.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Communication went strangely dark immediately after that video was released.

No stats were ever given from that test to my knowledge.
However, EM did release that they had achieved 82MPG in simulations.
And documentation from the ATVM loan guarantee program was posted here...
That stated that simulated stats could satisfy the program's requirements if the simulations...
Were done according to DOE approved methods. I certainly would assume that EM was careful to comply.

Not saying your other points aren't valid concerns. I just wanted to revisit the technicality covering that particular concern.

Thank you for clarifying, apparently the simulation satisfied the DOE. It was interesting that there was such little fanfare after achieving such an important milestone. That begs the real question: If the performance has been satisfied, what could be the holdup? Time is not on EM's side, anything 'internal combustion' now is just another ugly baby, besides making a smaller lighter vehicle to save energy probably isn't quite what the loan is trying to promote (maybe if the DOT had a loan program then Elio might fit in there). How many more millions will it take to put that little engine in a chassis, put in a transaxle, and run it around the test track? And muy pronto? Elio may never recover from having not yet done this, it would have gone a long way to cementing the loan, and maybe even obsoleting that need by getting big investors. Nefarious? The 'proof is in the pudding.' What new date? Two to three more years in this environment is forever. If the DOE is going to grant the loan, they would have done so, years ago, when there might have been a chance.

Paul needs to just concentrate on non governmental, deep pockets, funding.

Last edited:

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I remember seeing that video three or four years ago
No you don't. It was posted by Elio Motors just over two years ago. March 6th, 2015.

I don't remember it as being 'official' from EM
upload_2017-8-4_9-20-37.png

Hard to get much more "official" than that.

nor do I remember any numbers released.
As far as I am aware, they did not release any numbers.

I also don't remember any of the five 'prototypes' running that engine more than 'around the block' at very slow speeds.
I'm not sure if they ever did any true track testing of the engine in a prototype vehicle. They certainly did release any video of one.

Then again, track testing of the Elio will not be all that exciting to see. Low power gas engines won't have anywhere near the acceleration or "thrill" of the electrics that can pull full torque from a dead stop by just dumping electricity into the motor.

Even then wasn't there a Geo Metro engine in there somewhere?
I don't believe that EM is showing the vehicle with the old Metro engine in it anymore. They own either one or two of the prototype engines, and have been swapping them between prototypes as needed.

Has Linamar done anything more with this dynoed and tested engine?
IIRC, Linamar was not the one doing the dyno testing of the engines.

Anyone know what's really going on with this?
I'm sure someone does. But they have no obligation to tell us about it. Most likely they weren't quite happy with the actual numbers, and went back to do more tuning, and didn't get a chance to retest. I remember there being some problem scheduling time in the dyno to actually gt the testing done. They missed their first slot, and had to reschedule.

gottemfeathers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here we go again.
Honestly folks, if they can't get this thing production ready with $100M, there is definitely something FUBAR.
The rest looks like BS conceived by a bunch of people with a severe case of OCDS.
If Stuart Lichtner has 9 million shares of Elio stock, he has a lot of incentive to make Elio work. He is privy to a lot more info than you or I looking from the outside in.

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree gottemfeathers. I try to consider all sides of a story so I thought for a bit if maybe Stuart was only helping them along because Elio is paying his RACER trust company rent money every month. Makes sense to pump some money into a company that's paying you rent! Especially if you don't have another tenant to move into their spot. But then he goes out in May and buys more stock with his own hard earned money!! So I take the optimistic side of the Stuart story.

Top Bottom