• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Years Food And Traditions

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder why the complete units cost as much or more than just the attachment heaters
Don't know, but can get $50 off the $149 model with periodic discount offers. Best $100 cooking appliance I ever purchased.

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
appreciation to Rickb for introducing me to this cooking concept .... having spoken with several folks who have experience with it coupled with a 4.5 star rating after 1,961 reviews, we just took the plunge and ordered a Anova Culinary Bluetooth Sous Vide Precision Cooker from Amazon === https://www.amazon.com/Anova-Culina...=1494700135&sr=8-2&keywords=Sous+Vide+Cooking === it should be here on Tuesday and we are looking forward to putting it to work

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I predict the precision sous vide cooker will become one of the favorite cooking appliances in your cooking arsenal. :)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
its that time again .... update .....2018 .... the blackeyed peas have been soaking overnight, country ham, collard greens, cornbread ..... looking forward to the noon meal .... Happy New Year

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pork Butt roasting in the oven. New Years Day Menu: Hatch Green Chile Pork Enciladas with Mexican Rice, Beans, Corn Bake, Fresh Salsa, and Warm Tortilla Chips. Wait for it....................and Margaritas. Happy New Year everybody!

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For us, a pork roast, sauerkraut, diced raw onions and mashed potatoes. I take a big helping of mashed potatoes, pour in the liquid that came off the pork roast, add a bunch of the raw onions on top along with the sauerkraut and pork. It ends up getting all combined and looks like a mess but it's gooooood.

It's what I had when I was a kid and quite popular here in PA. It's supposed to be for good luck and by the way it tastes, then I'll go with that.

Top Bottom