• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Newbee From The Orlando Area

nb2Mitch

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I have been all-in since 2/14/2015, last month I bumped up my total all in to $1800, who know there was a limit :) They tell me they are going to send me a refund even though I was ok with them keeping it all as my down payment. I haven't been following it closely, life got in the way, didn't even know there was a forum until now.

I have been driving VW Beetles since I bought my 1998 VW TDI New Beetle. If I was really good I could get up to 62 mpg but 50 was more normal. I did go 786 miles on 13 gallons once, I would have gone 800+ miles, but my passenger was freaking out when the low fuel light came on :(

I currently have a 2013 VW TDI which is part of the recall and I will be giving it back to them when my Elio comes available.

I also have a 99 VW New Beetle converted to all electric which has a low range, but is great for around town.

My initial question is all about the radio. I don't really like the location, it seems too low to be useable???

I think the accessory options are too expensive, so I expect to replace the stock radio with something that includes hands-free phone and maybe backup camera, etc.

Jeff H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello and Welcome. I know they have different options for the radio, first step up is blue tooth and then another 2 option levels.
Radio's are normally an easy after market though.

nb2Mitch

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I have been looking at aftermarket, which seems like a good option. Because of the location of the radio, I don't see that something with a big display works because it just isn't a good location. Putting a GPS on the dash seems like it would be too distracting so I may opt for just a bluetooth phone option which could include the stock radio with an adaptor depending on what the stock radio actually is (if it has any inputs).

GPS and backup camera is another option I am considering. While I have never had one before and not sure what the rear vision is going to be like, but thought it might be a nice option. Again, where to put the display is going to be an issue with so little width in the car.

LaRue

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I have been all in for one year now. Just wish they would like in a delivery date. I will worry about the options once I see the standard. Sit in it.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been looking at aftermarket, which seems like a good option. Because of the location of the radio, I don't see that something with a big display works because it just isn't a good location. Putting a GPS on the dash seems like it would be too distracting so I may opt for just a bluetooth phone option which could include the stock radio with an adaptor depending on what the stock radio actually is (if it has any inputs).

GPS and backup camera is another option I am considering. While I have never had one before and not sure what the rear vision is going to be like, but thought it might be a nice option. Again, where to put the display is going to be an issue with so little width in the car.
The"stock" radio is just a plain Jane am/FM radio.

Top Bottom