• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Newbee From The Orlando Area

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been all-in since 2/14/2015, last month I bumped up my total all in to $1800, who know there was a limit :) They tell me they are going to send me a refund even though I was ok with them keeping it all as my down payment. I haven't been following it closely, life got in the way, didn't even know there was a forum until now.

I have been driving VW Beetles since I bought my 1998 VW TDI New Beetle. If I was really good I could get up to 62 mpg but 50 was more normal. I did go 786 miles on 13 gallons once, I would have gone 800+ miles, but my passenger was freaking out when the low fuel light came on :(

I currently have a 2013 VW TDI which is part of the recall and I will be giving it back to them when my Elio comes available.

I also have a 99 VW New Beetle converted to all electric which has a low range, but is great for around town.

My initial question is all about the radio. I don't really like the location, it seems too low to be useable???

I think the accessory options are too expensive, so I expect to replace the stock radio with something that includes hands-free phone and maybe backup camera, etc.
nb2Mitch welcome from a long term Elio supporter in New Mexico

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I have been all-in since 2/14/2015, last month I bumped up my total all in to $1800, who know there was a limit :) They tell me they are going to send me a refund even though I was ok with them keeping it all as my down payment. I haven't been following it closely, life got in the way, didn't even know there was a forum until now.

I have been driving VW Beetles since I bought my 1998 VW TDI New Beetle. If I was really good I could get up to 62 mpg but 50 was more normal. I did go 786 miles on 13 gallons once, I would have gone 800+ miles, but my passenger was freaking out when the low fuel light came on :(

I currently have a 2013 VW TDI which is part of the recall and I will be giving it back to them when my Elio comes available.

I also have a 99 VW New Beetle converted to all electric which has a low range, but is great for around town.

My initial question is all about the radio. I don't really like the location, it seems too low to be useable???

I think the accessory options are too expensive, so I expect to replace the stock radio with something that includes hands-free phone and maybe backup camera, etc.

Welcome Mitch!

Top Bottom