• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Nimbus

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Odd but fun looking electric fully enclosed tilting 3 wheeler (safety features includes air bags) 93 mile range (city commuter) and the Nimbus S 75 mph max. Fast enough for my coffee, ice cream, and COSTCO runs. $200/month to rent $9880 to buy (swappable battery packs). https://nimbusev.com/

1675023236138.jpeg

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Odd but fun looking electric fully enclosed tilting 3 wheeler (safety features includes air bags) 93 mile range (city commuter) and the Nimbus S 75 mph max. Fast enough for my coffee, ice cream, and COSTCO runs. $200/month to rent $9880 to buy (swappable battery packs). https://nimbusev.com/

View attachment 26366
I like the tilting feature of it and seats two. We'll have to see if they get the seed money to produce and sell by this year and if they can keep that price.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the tilting feature of it and seats two. We'll have to see if they get the seed money to produce and sell by this year and if they can keep that price.
I’m keeping a watchful eye on this one primarily because of the tilt factor and 2 seats. Also, safety features, and the $200/month lease factor as a short or long term test drive experience Opportunity. Somewhat similar to the Toyota i-Road concept I followed awhile back.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I’m keeping a watchful eye on this one primarily because of the tilt factor and 2 seats. Also, safety features, and the $200/month lease factor as a short or long term test drive experience Opportunity. Somewhat similar to the Toyota i-Road concept I followed awhile back.
It also features a regular steering wheel which I also like. I'm ready to place the $100. deposit. Is it refundable? Also what other features the Nimbus S have that the Nimbus One don't have?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It also features a regular steering wheel which I also like. I'm ready to place the $100. deposit. Is it refundable? Also what other features the Nimbus S have that the Nimbus One don't have?
Common answers to Nimbus questions: https://nimbusev.com/pages/faq

My previous experience with refundable deposits prevents me from making a deposit on yet another startups anticipated production and delivery dates. :)
The Nimbus S is faster, highway capable, i think longer range, and does not have the swappable batteries, with scheduled production a year after the 2023 Nimbus One Release. Should they happen to get the nimbus to production in 2023 with available sales and service to my State, my plan is to rent the Nimbus One, test drive it until the S becomes available and decide whether or not to rent or buy the S. I noticed in a video the rear passenger compartment is small and the passenger sits with legs straddling the driver seat……comfortable for short trips only. Otherwise nice to have the option for the occasional passenger when needed, ice cream runs with my wife, grandkids, cargo for COSTCO runs, and a dog If we had one. Not doable with the Solo. :) I also like the height of the Nimbus for driver EZ ingress/egress and upright sitting position comfort.

1675193233878.jpeg

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Nimbus only costs $6,420 and came out and deliveries started in mid-2022
Link from Nimbus website

Here we go. They delayed production until Q3 2023 but started test drives in July 2022. Plus raised the price to $9,980
Another article

Wait.... Another company that is taking reservations where the release date and price is fluid. I suggest they do an IPO this summer. First and foremost, you need to send them some money for reservations. That way it helps the IPO because it shows how much interest and demand there is for the product.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Common answers to Nimbus questions: https://nimbusev.com/pages/faq

My previous experience with refundable deposits prevents me from making a deposit on yet another startups anticipated production and delivery dates. :)
The Nimbus S is faster, highway capable, i think longer range, and does not have the swappable batteries, with scheduled production a year after the 2023 Nimbus One Release. Should they happen to get the nimbus to production in 2023 with available sales and service to my State, my plan is to rent the Nimbus One, test drive it until the S becomes available and decide whether or not to rent or buy the S. I noticed in a video the rear passenger compartment is small and the passenger sits with legs straddling the driver seat……comfortable for short trips only. Otherwise nice to have the option for the occasional passenger when needed, ice cream runs with my wife, grandkids, cargo for COSTCO runs, and a dog If we had one. Not doable with the Solo. :) I also like the height of the Nimbus for driver EZ ingress/egress and upright sitting position comfort.

View attachment 26367
With all start-ups, there's always the CAVEAT associated with unrealized expectations. Expected deliveries could get pushed back months/years. But I really like everything about this Nimbus S- it's much closer to a bike with it's tilt tech, sits two, speeds up to 75mph, steering wheel, air-bag, rear window, etc. so a refundable hundred buck is a no brainer just to support this company.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With all start-ups, there's always the CAVEAT associated with unrealized expectations. Expected deliveries could get pushed back months/years or worse, end up bust like the ELIO. But I really like everything about this Nimbus S- it's much closer to a bike with it's tilt tech, sits two, speeds up to 75mph, steering wheel, air-bag, rear window, etc. so a refundable hundred buck is a no brainer just to support this company.
Elio is not bust. They still have a website. So, everything is fine.

Top Bottom