• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

No Carpet? Really?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think you'll ever get the full and accurate picture of what the options will look like based on the online Configurator. I think its best use is for customers to use it to see what's available and price the total package they're interested in. But the customers would then need to go to an actual retail center to see what the colors, carpeting, spoilers, racks, etc. look like before placing the actual order. At least that's what I would do. Who buys a new vehicle and orders options for it sight unseen?
Ever build and ship a car/truck/van to Dubai?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, you got me there. There are those who can afford to buy things sight unseen, true enough. :p
I had to do a fleet of 15 custom vans that went there, and it had a list of stuff we normally didn't put in.
Of those 15, 3 had a longer list they we almost couldn't fit all of it in.
We picked all of the colors as long as they were all done by a certain date.
When completed we took they down to a lot near the shipping terminals and put them in containers.
Last we ever heard of saw of them. Money was all up front. All they would tell us was final destination; Dubai.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think you'll ever get the full and accurate picture of what the options will look like based on the online Configurator. I think its best use is for customers to use it to see what's available and price the total package they're interested in. But the customers would then need to go to an actual retail center to see what the colors, carpeting, spoilers, racks, etc. look like before placing the actual order. At least that's what I would do. Who buys a new vehicle and orders options for it sight unseen?
The same people who put down good money on a vehicle not yet in productions. Those who share a dream and not merely a shopping trip.

If you want certainty, a startup isn't right for you. But maybe it will be in 2020 when the production catches up to the two year lag behind initial demand.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had to do a fleet of 15 custom vans that went there, and it had a list of stuff we normally didn't put in.
Of those 15, 3 had a longer list they we almost couldn't fit all of it in.
We picked all of the colors as long as they were all done by a certain date.
When completed we took they down to a lot near the shipping terminals and put them in containers.
Last we ever heard of saw of them. Money was all up front. All they would tell us was final destination; Dubai.
You probably provided vehicles to ISIS.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The same people who put down good money on a vehicle not yet in productions. Those who share a dream and not merely a shopping trip.

If you want certainty, a startup isn't right for you. But maybe it will be in 2020 when the production catches up to the two year lag behind initial demand.
There's a difference between supporting a vision (which I've done) and completing the order with options without making sure you're good with the options.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nope, that group of whack jobs didn't exist when I did these vehicles.
Found out later it was some Prince that gave them to all of his wives.
Maybe you're right. There are enough wack jobs of every description over there including in the Royal Families. I'm sure there must be some peaceful types that we hear so much about. But I keep thinking they mean their enemies are RESTING in PEACE.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe you're right. There are enough wack jobs of every description over there including in the Royal Families. I'm sure there must be some peaceful types that we hear so much about. But I keep thinking they mean their enemies are RESTING in PEACE.
ps Just hink how much less expensive toys for the wives will be with Elios.

Top Bottom