• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

No Carpet? Really?

Texan

Elio Fan
Reaction score
It wasn't that many years ago cars never came with carpet, just a rubber mat covering the floor. Carpets hold water, attract dirt and mud, hold leaves, is a PITA to clean, where as a rubber mat wipes clean. If you want carpet, buy a piece of remnant from Lowe's or Home Depot for $10 and put it in.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You're not marshalling very well. Before your auto cycle ever enters the assembly line your individual tastes will be implemented at each and every assembly station relevant to your choices. Are you sure you're not a politician or something?

To our knowledge, what you describe is factually incorrect. Every Elio leaving the assembly line will be identical except for paint color and transmission, meaning that just 14 flavors of Elio will be produced on the assembly lines. After that, all of the options you order will be installed individually at the marshalling centers. There will be a marshalling center at the factory, but they only add options to the cars after they have come off the lines.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To our knowledge, what you describe is factually incorrect. Every Elio leaving the assembly line will be identical except for paint color and transmission, meaning that just 14 flavors of Elio will be produced on the assembly lines. After that, all of the options you order will be installed individually at the marshalling centers. There will be a marshalling center at the factory, but they only add options to the cars after they have come off the lines.
Well I hope there are not too many of those "our"s you're refering to because everyone of them would be fired by Paul for allowing disassembly other than maybe a radio or a switch. Computers allow any custom installations like seats or carpet to be done only once at any point of a proper assembly level.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You're not marshalling very well. Before your auto cycle ever enters the assembly line your individual tastes will be implemented at each and every assembly station relevant to your choices. Are you sure you're not a politician or something?
Ha Ha. No. Elio will only produce 14 different Elios. They will NOT be installing carpet in the factory. "each and every assembly station" will not give a rat's behind who ordered the car nor what options that person wants. The marshaling centers will be performing final assembly.

{not a politician but I do know an awful lot about the assembly plant in Shreveport and industrial engineering}

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It wasn't that many years ago cars never came with carpet, just a rubber mat covering the floor. Carpets hold water, attract dirt and mud, hold leaves, is a PITA to clean, where as a rubber mat wipes clean. If you want carpet, buy a piece of remnant from Lowe's or Home Depot for $10 and put it in.
Wait... loose carpet (floormats) is what contributed to Toyota's "unintended acceleration" issues, isn't it?

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you went out today and bought a 2016 Kawasaki KLR650 the MSRP would be $6600. You would get 1 less wheel, 2 fewer pistons, 52 mpg, and no carpet*. If Elio pulls this off for $7300 it's a steal. I, for one, will get carpet primary for its sound deadening characteristics.

*I'm not knocking the KLR650. I have a 2008 (essentially the same as a 2016) and I love the thing for its brick-sh__house simplicity.
I love my KLR too ('07 with the old fairing style). The Elio will also have the added luxury of a heater, AC, wiper and radio. The extra wheel saves the weight of a kickstand too. It all adds up to a great deal. Go Paul.

One question; do you Drive an Elio, or Ride an Elio??

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom