• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

No Carpet? Really?

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It doesn't appear to be the case. The E1a has a real washer fluid reservoir and not a bottle and cap type of setup... thank goodness.View attachment 11317
The orange color looks like extended life coolant, and the mention of kPa and psi on the cap make me think coolant. My Miata has no cap on the radiator and a plastic remote coolant reservoir that holds pressure too.

la-show-thurs-001.jpg

This picture shows the orange color I was talking about:
[Broken External Image]
Sorry, that's coolant overflow. No windshield washer on the P5. I discussed this issue with Jerome in Detroit at the Dream Cruise. He told me the issue of what sort of windshield washer (pop bottle or built-in) was still on the fence, depending on whether Elio is finally going for automotive standards or not. If they are, fluid containers are specified for material, burst strength, and location. If it's a motorcycle, nobody cares, for obvious reasons. The decision will be made and implemented on the E1-C. It's one of the things that's delayed the release of that vehicle.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just saw this pic posted on EM's Facebook by Rick Deckard:

View attachment 11333

That looks like the E-1A's engine bay. Check out the cold air intake. And where are the dual brake/clutch fluid reservoirs and radiator coolant tank? The engine's been cleaned up a bit from the P5. Any other changes you can spot?
Not much room for the turbo in there.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone see the battery?

I like that the "ledge" in front of the windshield is open and I can reach my hand through it.

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, that's coolant overflow. No windshield washer on the P5. I discussed this issue with Jerome in Detroit at the Dream Cruise. He told me the issue of what sort of windshield washer (pop bottle or built-in) was still on the fence, depending on whether Elio is finally going for automotive standards or not. If they are, fluid containers are specified for material, burst strength, and location. If it's a motorcycle, nobody cares, for obvious reasons. The decision will be made and implemented on the E1-C. It's one of the things that's delayed the release of that vehicle.
Yeah... caught that already.

Reactions: Ekh

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just saw this pic posted on EM's Facebook by Rick Deckard:

View attachment 11333

That looks like the E-1A's engine bay. Check out the cold air intake. And where are the dual brake/clutch fluid reservoirs and radiator coolant tank? The engine's been cleaned up a bit from the P5. Any other changes you can spot?
The small black cylinder on the left edge of the picture might be a wiper motor. Coolant overflow tank is not installed. Don't know where the brake/clutch reservoirs are -- since this car was going to Continental for brake / electronic traction control refinement (calibration), they may not be installed as yet.

datakeepr

Reaction score

I wonder if it's possible to enlarge the coolant container slightly and make it a "holding mechanism" instead, whereby you could lift the top and have access to 2 individual compartments - one for wiper fluid and the other engine coolant. This could certainly reduce the overall footprint of having to mount 2 separate fluid holders.

Reactions: Ekh
Top Bottom