• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Non Elio Days

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Just the occasional ice storm! The general Portland/Vancouver area is blessed by an ice storm once (or more) every few years and boy are they fun! The really good ones cause transformers to go off like fireworks. On the whole though you are right about that area and I'm wishing I could move there. Still Denver's not terrible! And Bilge Rat, you literally took the words out of my mouth! You can always add more clothing to keep warm but you can only take so much off legally in public to stay cool. Not that I would do that, not on an unsuspecting world.
We just had them 2 days in a row, but only through the Gorge; the falls are beautiful

upload_2015-12-3_17-15-19.png

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Idea...

I was thinking of a idea for a upgrade for my Elio during the winter times... right now you can get a set of these "snow tracks" that bolt on to your hubs, they are the triangle shaped ones, made for 4 wheel drive trucks... cost about $2000 for 4 of them, these triangle shaped snow flat tracks just bolt on, take the tires off and put the tracks on... ( just guessing at price ) No need for chains.. when you have a Elio snow half-track...

You would only need 2 of them.. So maybe $1000 upgrade for winter snow tracks?... you would need to place a ski system in the back wheel area to lift the wheel up or just let it drag... no snow would stop you now... The Elio snow half-track is born... who is going to make it first...

Is Elio Motors getting this... sounds like a hell of a upgrade in the cold States in the winter time.. no stopping the Elio Nation....

Proud to Be.. an Elio owner #MMCCXXV = # 2225 see ya on the road...
... just strap a ski to the tire and keep the emergency brake pulled to keep the tire from trying to turn!

DanS

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having dealt with working in the engine room of boats up to 10,000 hp through a Gulf summer, I'm staying put (northern Illinois) when I retire. There's been plenty of times where they got me up at zero dark thirty to take on fuel, and it would be in the mid eighties with water dripping off everything in sight, and it smelled like a jungle. No thanks. I can always put enough clothes on to stay warm when it's cold, but I can't take enough off to be comfortable (and stay out of jail) in weather like that.
I would love that! Mid 80s and humid. That would be a typical day in Oklahoma except it would be in the upper 90s.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Honestly I don't know what makes people want to live in the northern states. I live in Oklahoma and gets too cold here for my taste. I just don't do cold very well and the older I get the worse I am. I would rather it be 100 deg out than be cold.
Come to New Mexico. Great weather terrible economy

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
, I tought it would work
... just strap a ski to the tire and keep the emergency brake pulled to keep the tire from trying to turn!
You know if those motorcycles with the water skis can hit open water, probably an elio could do that with mud tires, and a set of three skis.
(add limited slip, flotation, black box, search and rescue responder...periscope...aqualung..spear gun...torpedoes...wet repair patches...waterproof note: "mommy, if I never come home.... I thought it would work"... .)

Last edited:

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
, I tought it would work
You know if those motorcycles with the water skis can hit open water, probably an elio could do that with mud tires, and a set of three skis.
(add limited slip, flotation, black box, search and rescue responder...periscope...aqualung..spear gun...torpedoes...wet repair patches...waterproof note: "mommy, if I never come home.... I thought it would work"... .)
You forgot "Hold my beer and watch this!"

Top Bottom