• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Non Elio Days

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
without seeing one, I don't know how effective it would be to spray the underside of an Elio with coating to prevent rust .... whatever GM is using on their components today seems to offer better corrosion/rust protection than on their vehicles we owned back in the 70's - 80's .... back then I'd have my vehicles sprayed at the dealership prior to taking them home .... that isn't even mentioned any more

Jim

It's aftermarket but I used POR15 on the underside of my truck. Expensive, lots of prep, and makes a mess but 3 years later, my frame still looks mint (not my pic, I don't have any frame pictures of my truck). This stuff is tough as nails, plus you can paint right over any corrosion.
13701d1235245408-por-15-new-pics-2-049.jpg

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As we're getting our first taste of winter up here, I thought I'd start this thread. I'm gonna use it to keep track of how many days a winter I'd want to leave the Elio home and take the truck.

Feel free to play along, wherever you are, and for what ever reason you wouldn't/couldn't take the Elio.

Here's my view on the way home this afternoon:

alh6_googleusercontent_com_HvRhm1idt351y_Xn4jWEsKyPeovX2IbD4ySwZ0cFAME_w699_h393_.jpg

So I sit at 1 NE (Non Elio) day for the season so far. I'm NOT saying it'd be bad in snow, I just prefer a big old gas guzzling 4x4, even to my fairly surefooted full size Buick, when I don't know how bad the roads are gonna be.
Let's see? About three.
MK

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Still at 1 here - but I've been sentenced to driving the truck for a few days while the commuter car gets some needed repairs. Good thing gas prices have dumped lately.

I drove home last night in a couple inches of fluffy stuff, never left 2 wheel drive, and only 1 little chirp from the ABS at an icy rural intersection. I suspect the Elio would have handled that with aplomb.

I'm not sure why anyone willingly lives in Buffalo - but I'm sure many living there would say the same about my oft-frozen solid neck of the woods.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It was not a good day to be out in a semi. You did have a leg up if the cab was a sleeper.
With 6' of snow unless your Elio was in a garage, you'd have a hard time finding it!:) Hummmmm I think I parked it over there -->, or was it over there <--, oh bother, I'll wait till spring!:D

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Non Elio day I had to buy a new car because my Elio is not here yet. Car broke down I had it repaired but but figured it was time for a new one..
If the Elio had been here I would have just used it. All works out in the end Granddaughter will get my car she gets her licenses in 4 days.

Top Bottom