• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Norahsbed Banter Thread.....

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep, I hear ya! --
For everyone else, at 7% moisture 113f is like 103f at 50% humidity, (something like that, you mileage may vary).
I was in Phoenix and I don't care what they say about it being dry. 114 is HOT! But at least AC is just a matter of misting water about 6' off the ground so it will evaporate before it hits the ground. But PREscutt (I will never again say Prescott) was temperate.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was in Phoenix and I don't care what they say about it being dry. 114 is HOT! But at least AC is just a matter of misting water about 6' off the ground so it will evaporate before it hits the ground. But PREscutt (I will never again say Prescott) was temperate.
You got that right! Humidity has nothing to do with it, when the thermometer goes over 90 degrees. 7% or 90% humidity, it's miserable either way!;)

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You actually got to stop for a while?, K I'm looking into that, how much is housing over there? :cool:
New homes begin in the $170,000 range and cost of living is low. It's a poor state and unfortunately at the bottom of nearly category. All and all I would recommend it because of the weather and fantastic Mexican restaurants. Plenty of hiking trails and places to see and the mountains and ski slopes are only 100 miles away

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If anyone is still following "We're Still Alive!" Still waiting for our Elios.
A lot has happened in the last 2.5 years since my last post here. The 3 amigos in the picture have all passed. We lost Charlie (papillon) in March of last year, Abby (brown head) in February, and Buddy (black head) in June.
We sold our duplex and rented back the small side.
Looked into building a house on our property. Way to much money for a small house.
Found a small house (1060 sq ft) on 35 acres (closed last week) for a lot less than building new. It needs work, lots of hail damage on the outside and paint and carpet inside but we have the time and money to "Get er done!"
My daughter and family moved to Utah.
My mom moved to Washington from Minnesota.
My niece (Air Force) Is in the Middle East...,,,again!
My oldest grandson had his bar mitzvah on the 27th of October, same day as the shooting at the synagogue in Pennsylvania.
Wife Has put in her papers for retirement. Official date February 1, 2019.
Plans are to hit the road in April! Without our Elio.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If anyone is still following "We're Still Alive!" Still waiting for our Elios.
A lot has happened in the last 2.5 years since my last post here. The 3 amigos in the picture have all passed. We lost Charlie (papillon) in March of last year, Abby (brown head) in February, and Buddy (black head) in June.
We sold our duplex and rented back the small side.
Looked into building a house on our property. Way to much money for a small house.
Found a small house (1060 sq ft) on 35 acres (closed last week) for a lot less than building new. It needs work, lots of hail damage on the outside and paint and carpet inside but we have the time and money to "Get er done!"
My daughter and family moved to Utah.
My mom moved to Washington from Minnesota.
My niece (Air Force) Is in the Middle East...,,,again!
My oldest grandson had his bar mitzvah on the 27th of October, same day as the shooting at the synagogue in Pennsylvania.
Wife Has put in her papers for retirement. Official date February 1, 2019.
Plans are to hit the road in April! Without our Elio.
That's exactly 3 years after I "retired". Sorry to hear about the 3 amigos. Congrats on the house and land. Great update. It would be wonderful if I could give a similarly great Elio update but, alas, tis not to be.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I’m Back!
Well here it is 3 years later and still no Elio! I was surprised by the email today but again nothing new has happened.
Our life has changed a bit in the 3 years Since my last post.
My wife retired February 2019. The renovations on the house took longer than expected so we didn’t move in until the end of May 2019.

My Daughter and 2 grandsons moved back to Colorado. She has gotten a divorce and remarried and I now have 2 step grandsons Though they are adults 18 &19. The grandson who was going to get my USED Elio will not be getting it next month when he turns 16.

The 3 amigos are sorely missed but we now have the 2 terrors aka 2T. Bodie, black and white (See pIc) and Scout are 1/2 Border Collie, 1/4 Australian Kelpie and 1/4 Australian Shepherd. They have herded the neighbors sheep and cattle and chase the guineafowl when ever they get the chance. We added a small flock of 10 hens and a roosters (see pic) we purchased from a neighbor and just added 9 baby chicks. We Also got an active bee hive in the sale. We also a neighbors guinea hen sitting on a nest of about 35 eggs on the east side of our garage, that should start hatching any day now. It’s a Long story for another time.

My moms twin sister passed in July 2020 and Mom passed 16 days later in August of 2020, 3 days after she turned 90. My Brother in law (just turned 67 Dec. 26th) passed on January 8th 2021 from complications of Covid19. We so far have managed to keep it at bay.
We still haven’t finished the renovations of the house, kitchen is next. We did get a 4 car garage built for the Elios. Hahahahahah!
We did by an old RV (see pic) but have yet to hit the road. Maybe later this year. We are hitting the road for a woman’s RV rally in January.
Well thats it for now! Here’s hoping this email from Elio is the start of a new chapter which includes production of our long awaited vehicles. DCBE5593-475B-4ED1-BAAC-44CD8B4F5537.jpeg6A74D3C4-4AEE-4A44-AAD9-0C995526AFD2.jpeg6336C9A8-79F0-4F6D-A82B-3CADB4D94FE8.jpeg

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I’m Back!
Well here it is 3 years later and still no Elio! I was surprised by the email today but again nothing new has happened.
Our life has changed a bit in the 3 years Since my last post.
My wife retired February 2019. The renovations on the house took longer than expected so we didn’t move in until the end of May 2019.

My Daughter and 2 grandsons moved back to Colorado. She has gotten a divorce and remarried and I now have 2 step grandsons Though they are adults 18 &19. The grandson who was going to get my USED Elio will not be getting it next month when he turns 16.

The 3 amigos are sorely missed but we now have the 2 terrors aka 2T. Bodie, black and white (See pIc) and Scout are 1/2 Border Collie, 1/4 Australian Kelpie and 1/4 Australian Shepherd. They have herded the neighbors sheep and cattle and chase the guineafowl when ever they get the chance. We added a small flock of 10 hens and a roosters (see pic) we purchased from a neighbor and just added 9 baby chicks. We Also got an active bee hive in the sale. We also a neighbors guinea hen sitting on a nest of about 35 eggs on the east side of our garage, that should start hatching any day now. It’s a Long story for another time.

My moms twin sister passed in July 2020 and Mom passed 16 days later in August of 2020, 3 days after she turned 90. My Brother in law (just turned 67 Dec. 26th) passed on January 8th 2021 from complications of Covid19. We so far have managed to keep it at bay.
We still haven’t finished the renovations of the house, kitchen is next. We did get a 4 car garage built for the Elios. Hahahahahah!
We did by an old RV (see pic) but have yet to hit the road. Maybe later this year. We are hitting the road for a woman’s RV rally in January.
Well thats it for now! Here’s hoping this email from Elio is the start of a new chapter which includes production of our long awaited vehicles.View attachment 25154View attachment 25155View attachment 25156
Sorry to hear about your losses. My wife's mother passed away last year. I've also bought an RV. Well, a camper, actually. I'm also back in College... I'm too old for this Sh!@. Good to see you are still kicking around though! - Ty

Top Bottom