• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

North American International Auto Show Jan 2016.

Who will be there for Martin Luther Weekend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Technology Showcase Exhibitors:
•A2MAC1 Automotive Benchmarking
•Elio Motors
•Hitachi Automotive Systems
•Michelin Challenge Design
•Michigan Economic Development Corporation
•Nexteer Automotive
•Shell
•Unique Fabricating Inc
•Valeo
•Wind River

I think we will be in the main concourse. See ya at noon, January 16th. I am excited.
What is so techno about the elio? Oh, Well. I'll be there in my best techno outfit. (Jeans and my bright yellow Elio T-Shirt, lol)

This will be the P5, correct?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I heard that the engineers will be doing tests on the Elio P5 and then the P4 will be on the tours for a little while. I don't recall if it is now or in a month or two.
Didn't they say the P5 wouldn't be on display again until the Detroit Auto Show? I know it went right from the LA show back to Detroit / TechnoSports to be "refined" and tested.

Reaction score
Just an update on our up and coming Meetings. This Saturday, January 16th, NOON at the Elio display, COBO Center, Detroit, MI ... NOON. We'll go out to lunch together and take lots of pictures of ourselves.
We're having a second meeting Saturday, January 23rd at NOON, same deal.

Will somebody tell me if I should pack my wheel chair? How far is it to walk in from the handicap parking area to the entrance? I just have a little trouble with the heart and don't want to over pack or be in for a jog in bad weather. Will it be too crowded in side for the wheel chair? Is there plenty of sitting otherwise? Is this a dress up affair? Should I carry in my sweater? Will I need my winter coat inside the building? Is it mostly carpeted? Fanny pack or purse? Is there coffee?

Who is all going ?????

Gizmo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There's always room for the wheel chair as my wife use to tell me. If not an ankle clip here or there and voila.....a path opens up.

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
image.png

Here is a floor plan I found of the show. I believe the elio is in the middle of the concourse right beside Chevy. If it's anything like LA was and you want to see the whole show, I'd take the wheelchair. Not knowing your mobility situation, but lots of walking involved. Only thing I would say is that in LA each display area was on a "riser" but basically had a ramp all the way around so you should be fine in the chair. Especially if you have help. Casual dress; take your sweater if you get cold; coat depending on how far you have to roll to get in; probably a combo of carpet and hard flooring and there should be vendors for coffee. Good luck and have fun!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 7984
Here is a floor plan I found of the show. I believe the elio is in the middle of the concourse right beside Chevy. If it's anything like LA was and you want to see the whole show, I'd take the wheelchair. Not knowing your mobility situation, but lots of walking involved. Only thing I would say is that in LA each display area was on a "riser" but basically had a ramp all the way around so you should be fine in the chair. Especially if you have help. Casual dress; take your sweater if you get cold; coat depending on how far you have to roll to get in; probably a combo of carpet and hard flooring and there should be vendors for coffee. Good luck and have fun!
From the pictures Ekh got I think the Elio display is in the hall by the Chevy display; either by Hall B or between Hall A & Hall B

Top Bottom