• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Now Mama Wants One

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Same problem here. The 18 year old daughter is parking the Mustang in the garage. Wife has decided to park the Camry outside. Therefore, I will park the Baja outside and put the Elio inside. However, adding two more doors and 500sf to the garage may be an option.
I'd love a pull-through garage but I don't have the space for that. Actually, I don't have the yard for that!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a grand kid becoming of age about then. Like it or not, if he needs transport to a summer time job, he gets an Elio. He already specified Blue. :-)
But I'm into tuff love on this one. If he wants to drive it regularly, he has to pay the monthly on it. And that takes having a job.
If he can get his own financing and make his own payments -and insurance-, his options are wider.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a grand kid becoming of age about then. Like it or not, if he needs transport to a summer time job, he gets an Elio. He already specified Blue. :-)
But I'm into tuff love on this one. If he wants to drive it regularly, he has to pay the monthly on it. And that takes having a job.
If he can get his own financing and make his own payments -and insurance-, his options are wider.
Good for you!!
I made my daughter do the same thing; she's been working since she turned 16 (she's 26 now).
Before that I got tired of buying her new jeans and shoes all the time; so we started giving her a school year clothing allowance; if she wanted new jeans and shoes she had to use her allowance. We were amazed at how often buying clothes slowed down, jeans and sneakers now lasted longer than 6 weeks.
She's told us recently, it was some of the best lessons she ever learned and thanked us. I was so surprised to hear that from her.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul Elio has talked about various groups of people who would want an Elio.

There is another group. Parents often want to buy a car for their teenager while they are still in school but believe they should have a modest car to start out with. An Elio would be very good for that. It can be obtained basic with no options. The teenager learns that by earning money they can buy add on options of the vehicle, thus learning the value of work. And it is economical all around.

There is also the feature of no side by side seating for the teenagers, but I suspect the parents will notice that on their own.

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Amen. Two examples in our family of teens with absolutely no idea about money; my wife's niece and my brother in law's niece. An excellent gambit on the clothing allowance budget; all the young'uns need something like that to learn just how far a dollar doesn't go. The stories are too long to go into here, but my wife's niece racked up close to $10k in credit card debt before she started to "get it", and the other girl is still a work in progress. Her parents do admit they failed to teach the value of a dollar, though. :confused:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Coss,
Makes you feel great to hear that from her, doesn't it? :D
You could have knocked me down with a feather when I heard that.
It just came out of nowhere. I've been smiling about it ever since.
But then she comes up with some kind of new dilemma that we can't believe she couldn't see coming. <sigh>

Top Bottom