• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Now Mama Wants One

Lynn D

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio seed and germinated at my house. My 16 yo. nephew saw my shirt and ask about it. Showed him the web site, told him about the friendly people on this site. He wants to be all in and saving his money to that end. He works at Steak & Shake.
10938-78742f00b20b220874ce3a6a35a04a34.jpg

Attachments

• Seath.jpg
    Seath.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 187

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good for you!!
I made my daughter do the same thing; she's been working since she turned 16 (she's 26 now).
Before that I got tired of buying her new jeans and shoes all the time; so we started giving her a school year clothing allowance; if she wanted new jeans and shoes she had to use her allowance. We were amazed at how often buying clothes slowed down, jeans and sneakers now lasted longer than 6 weeks.
She's told us recently, it was some of the best lessons she ever learned and thanked us. I was so surprised to hear that from her.

I bought the Mustang for my daughter when she was 16. She has been a responsible driver. When she got her first job, I gave her the $300 car payment and her gas costs. I still pay the Ins. She drives less now and has fewer "important" places to go. She has realized that she also has fewer friends. She will be commuting 70 miles round trip to college his fall. I can hardly wait to give her the Elio. She has car economy figured out.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought the Mustang for my daughter when she was 16. She has been a responsible driver. When she got her first job, I gave her the $300 car payment and her gas costs. I still pay the Ins. She drives less now and has fewer "important" places to go. She has realized that she also has fewer friends. She will be commuting 70 miles round trip to college his fall. I can hardly wait to give her the Elio. She has car economy figured out.
You buy cars for your daughter? That's one thing I've never done; when she started driving I sold her my Monte Carlo for $2K and let her name her own payments. Plus she had to get her own insurance and gas. She was in an accident with it 5 months after getting it.
I've helped her out when it was necessary; but other than that, she's always paid her own way after she turned 16.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good for you!!
I made my daughter do the same thing; she's been working since she turned 16 (she's 26 now).
Before that I got tired of buying her new jeans and shoes all the time; so we started giving her a school year clothing allowance; if she wanted new jeans and shoes she had to use her allowance. We were amazed at how often buying clothes slowed down, jeans and sneakers now lasted longer than 6 weeks.
She's told us recently, it was some of the best lessons she ever learned and thanked us. I was so surprised to hear that from her.
You buy cars for your daughter? That's one thing I've never done; when she started driving I sold her my Monte Carlo for $2K and let her name her own payments. Plus she had to get her own insurance and gas. She was in an accident with it 5 months after getting it.
I've helped her out when it was necessary; but other than that, she's always paid her own way after she turned 16.

When I bought it, it was understood that she would make the payment as soon as she was employed. It has worked out that way. So I am going forward with my fingers crossed. She has been driving 2 years with no accidents.

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have the opposite problem. My wife isn't a fan and doesn't know why I want an Elio when the garage only holds 3 cars and 1 bike. I told her that the 2001 Prius belonging to my 17 year old can just stay outside. Neither she nor my daughter like that plan. Hey, I EARNED the right to park in the garage! Suck it up and scrape some windows there, little miss self-entitled! (I didn't say that to my daughter, of course... Nor my wife!)
Let me know how that goes over when you do tell them that the Elio gets inside parking and your wife and daughter get to draw straws over who parks outside. That will be an amusing post for everyone here. We should probably generate a poll on whether you will tell them, what will be the outcome, and see if Elio Motors will make a custom Autocycle Cover.

Top Bottom