• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Number ???? Is Ready For Pickup

EastCoastCentralFla

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Guess it will be awhile before we get the email/call/snailmail asking for our preference in options. Once that happens I'm thinking we will get the actual number we are in line, and a date when our car will be finished.

I'm a little curious about the roof options, sunroof vs glass roof. I'm leaning toward the glass roof without seeing the upcharge for it at this point. But I'm wondering how they are going to fit the side airbags along with a glass roof without making it end up looking funky. We'll see. Last I heard they were still in the planning stages of what options to actually offer.

For better spatial understanding I would love to see an up top, side by side, shot of an elio parked next to a carolla. I saw the fish eye lens shot of the elio and the VW. So the end result from that was WHA, just confusing.

We should all meet up somewhere while we wait for the birth of our babies.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Guess it will be awhile before we get the email/call/snailmail asking for our preference in options. Once that happens I'm thinking we will get the actual number we are in line, and a date when our car will be finished.

I'm a little curious about the roof options, sunroof vs glass roof. I'm leaning toward the glass roof without seeing the upcharge for it at this point. But I'm wondering how they are going to fit the side airbags along with a glass roof without making it end up looking funky. We'll see. Last I heard they were still in the planning stages of what options to actually offer.

For better spatial understanding I would love to see an up top, side by side, shot of an elio parked next to a carolla. I saw the fish eye lens shot of the elio and the VW. So the end result from that was WHA, just confusing.

We should all meet up somewhere while we wait for the birth of our babies.
Depending on how much you put down and what category, you'll get your number when they stop taking reservations (unless you are $1,000 all in in which case you'll get your number any day now). You'll get your number when they reach the end of their pre-order period otherwise. You'll get an email a few weeks prior to your vehicle's production date at which time you'll pick your options, color, transmission (yes, those are options as well) and where, if anywhere, you want it delivered.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the ElioOwners.com forum from Atlanta, GA! :)

Glad you are excited about the Elio and decided to join us here as we all look forward to enjoying this very interesting new vehicle. As you said we are still anxiously awaiting to find out exactly what the options list looks like including cost.

Elio Motors has published this photo looking down on the vehicle from above which provide a nice size comparison. From what we can guess it looks like there is a white Ford Fusion to the left of the Elio and a blue Chrysler 300 to the right of the Elio. The silver SUV on the right appears to be a Chevrolet Equinox.

[Broken External Image]

You have joined a very diverse group of people from all over the country who really enjoy discussing everything there is to know about this interesting vehicle. I hope you enjoy your time here reading about and/or discussing all there is to know about Elio Motors.

We have a survey we like reservation holders to fill out if they wish as it really helps us visualize the growing numbers and locations of future Elio Owners. For now information visit this link: http://www.elioowners.com/threads/elio-reservation-map-and-survey.1129/

We also have a thread for our many current and former service members to introduce themselves. If that applies to you or you would just like to read about other members' service make sure you visit this thread and introduce yourself as we have quite a few veterans among us:http://www.elioowners.com/threads/military-service.1118/

If you ever happen to have any issues while on this forum please be sure to notify a staff member as we are here to help. :cool:

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
OH LOVELY! Thank you Goofyone! Exactly what I was looking for! Now my brain is working again. Thank You Thank You Thank You!

Agreed with you ECCF. And this is funny... as you look at those 4 vehicles, sure looks to me like the front wheel track of the Elio is one of narrowest. It's not. It's wider than the two 4-door sedans. I looked up several 4-door sedans and the Elio's front wheel track is wider than them all. Not sure about the SUV, but the Elio might be wider than an Equinox too. The 2014 Chrysler 300 is 63.4 inches, 2014 Ford Fusion is 62.7 in. Elio is 66.8 in.

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agreed with you ECCF. And this is funny... as you look at those 4 vehicles, sure looks to me like the front wheel track of the Elio is one of narrowest. It's not. It's wider than the two 4-door sedans. I looked up several 4-door sedans and the Elio's front wheel track is wider than them all. Not sure about the SUV, but the Elio might be wider than an Equinox too. The 2014 Chrysler 300 is 63.4 inches, 2014 Ford Fusion is 62.7 in. Elio is 66.8 in.
Is it possible the track on the P4 isn't as wide as the production car is spec'd at? I agree, it looks narrower in the picture, and since they're hauling it around in a trailer, a narrower track might make sense.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it possible the track on the P4 isn't as wide as the production car is spec'd at? I agree, it looks narrower in the picture, and since they're hauling it around in a trailer, a narrower track might make sense.

I would say that the appearance of being narrower is likely just an optical illusion caused by the reduced overall mass of the vehicles. If you compare the width of the vehicle to the parking lines the Elio appears to take up as much width between the lines as the Chrysler.

The overall width of the Elio vs the other cars is likely very close even with the Elio having a wider front track. With narrow tires and only a tightly fitting plastic fender around the tire the Elio does not gain as much overall width vs a standard car which uses wider tires and has more body work and such extending past the tire.

They are also hauling the Elio in a standard automotive trailer which are normally 8 to 8.5 feet (96 to 102 inches) wide so trailer width should not be an issue.

Last edited:
Top Bottom