• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Oddball Elio Ideas

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really can't just copy the color in, the way the image editor works is I can only play with hue saturation to try and match the overall color. I pick a light point on both cars and try to match the best I can. Metallic colors are impossible to match because of the way light reflects off the flakes in the real world. I went on photo-editing websites and could not find any trick to make a good metallic paint match. However, matching non-metallic paint colors is easy and can take less than a minute for each new color match.
have you tried, if you have it available, adding noise to the selected ares after you have changed the hues? I found it can work well.

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, will give it a try. I like your latest avatar.
I love Triumph's Lucifer Orange (the orange on the tank of my avatar). It's a pearl metallic that looks great in sunlight. Is something like that possible with your software?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
have you tried, if you have it available, adding noise to the selected ares after you have changed the hues? I found it can work well.
How do you add noise (sound) to color? I thought that was a spelling error but obviously JNR understood what you meant so it must not be. I know absolutely nothing about computer generated color work so am very curious. Thanks, :-) Z

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How do you add noise (sound) to color? I thought that was a spelling error but obviously JNR understood what you meant so it must not be. I know absolutely nothing about computer generated color work so am very curious. Thanks, :) Z
I went here for noise and simultaneously opened the image editing software.

No metallic sheen yet.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love Triumph's Lucifer Orange (the orange on the tank of my avatar). It's a pearl metallic that looks great in sunlight. Is something like that possible with your software?
can you post higher resolution image of your avatar so I can get a good look to try and match?

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
lucifer orange 2.jpg
lucifer orange 1.jpg
can you post higher resolution image of your avatar so I can get a good look to try and match?
Here are 2 better pics of the color.

Top Bottom