• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Odds & Ends And All Things That Don't Fit Anything Else

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's something that truly fits here:

Fame can be addictive. Even fake, ephemeral fame like you get on YouTube. And in order to get that fame, people will do some really stupid things that they would otherwise never do.

One such incident occurred recently in Minnesota where a young man talked his girlfriend into helping him with what turned into a fatal 'prank'.

So what would get a whole lot of views? 22-year-old Pedro Ruiz III decided the most outrageous thing he could do was to get his girlfrind, 19-year-old Monalisa Perez, to shoot him in the chest.

Oh, he was going to take safety precautions, of course. His plan was to hold a book up against his chest while Perez shot him.

The couple often made prank videos and posted them on YouTube. In one of the videos, Perez tries to prank Ruiz with a sandwich filled with hot peppers, and in another, the couple detail their stay at a haunted hotel.

But this time Perez tweeted that the couple had agreed to carry out "one of the most dangerous videos ever."

Unfortunately, the prank went very wrong, and the bullet went through the book and into Ruiz's chest, killing him before he could be air-lifted for medical treatment.

The stunt might have even worked if Ruiz hadn't decided to use one of the most powerful handguns in the world; the .50 caliber Desert Eagle.

It was not reported what book was used.

Perez was charged with second-degree manslaughter.
Yep. Have someone shoot you in the chest with something that will damn near penetrate an engine block...
And shoots rounds that average 1500 ft-lb.while using a book to protect yourself. Sheesh. Sad.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/teen-youtuber-shoots-kills-boyfriend-video-stunt-n777851

Last edited:

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's something that truly fits here:
I'd want to know how he got ahold of such a powerful weapon without some training in its use. I'd like to know why he thought he was so invulnerable as to try that without testing the penetration power first. Mythbusters always tested out things on Buster before trying it themselves.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd want to know how he got ahold of such a powerful weapon without some training in its use. I'd like to know why he thought he was so invulnerable as to try that without testing the penetration power first. Mythbusters always tested out things on Buster before trying it themselves.
The articles state that he did try it on a book beforehand.
There are plenty of videos on YouTube of the .50 AE going through body armor.
Personally, I wouldn't even chance it with a .22 short. That's just me.

Iowa must have different gun laws than other states.
As far as I know, I can go into any gun shop here that carries the .50 AE DE...
And walk out with it and matching ammo immediately after the paperwork and background check.

Last edited:

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The articles state that he did try it on a book beforehand.
There are plenty of videos on YouTube of the .50 AE going through body armor.
Personally, I wouldn't even chance it with a .22 short. That's just me.

Iowa must have different gun laws than other states.
As far as I know, I can go into any gun shop here that carries the .50 AE DE...
And walk out with it and matching ammo immediately after the paperwork and background check.

Rule #1: Don't point a firearm at anything you don't want to kill/destroy.

That incident was pure stupidity.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have yet to read anyone dying from the fumes of a Tesla!!
Just don't inhale.
tesla-mode-s-fire1.jpg

Tesla model s

Top Bottom