• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Odds & Ends And All Things That Don't Fit Anything Else

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like it's been a bit since anything was posted here:

How about a Stepless Ratchet for $28.95 (Stepless: No "click click click)
Originally designed for a bicycle tool to carry along, so it gets into tight areas, and you carry all the bits in the handle

Or a dry Screen Cleaner that actually works for $15.00 designed by NASA

The place that sells these is called the Grommet
They take new ideas, help with development, and start marketing in small scale

https://www.thegrommet.com/

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Does that run on regular or premium :p
Jet A and Kerosene with a 5% mixture of synthetic turbine oil.
The jet engines he's using were designed for RC Planes.
I think that backpack he's wearing has a fuel tank in it; I don't see any other way to get over 5 minutes of flight time.
He was carrying the throttle in his right hand.
And in the videos I've seen of this thing, he always flies over water.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, his backpack is the fuel tank. Damned impressive. I've watched a few of his videos, and that thing looks crazy fun. His world record flight in April 2016 was 7,388 feet, or about 1.5 miles. He says he can reach a top speed of 93 miles an hour, and stay airborne for about 10 minutes.
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com...est-hoverboard-flight-record-in-france-427011
But none of them answer: "Why does he only fly it over water in the video's?"

I have a couple of possible reasons; like if it quits or he loses control, water is a lot softer to land on (yes, I know it turns to a solid after a certain speed); if it catches on fire, you have a large extinguisher close by.
I wonder if it has something to do with local laws about "flying" over houses and such?

Uncle Charlie

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
India figured out how to avoid big traffic jams; don't put up any traffic lights or signs

Years back, my father spent about a month in India. One day a girl on a bicycle passed the building where my father was working, and she was screaming at the top of her lungs in Hindi. Dad doesn't speak Hindi, so he had to ask what she was screaming about. The answer was, " horn doesn't work! Horn doesn't work!"

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Years back, my father spent about a month in India. One day a girl on a bicycle passed the building where my father was working, and she was screaming at the top of her lungs in Hindi. Dad doesn't speak Hindi, so he had to ask what she was screaming about. The answer was, " horn doesn't work! Horn doesn't work!"
It's been a while; I'll have to make sure the switch is on:
Groan switch.jpeg

Yup, here you go Uncle Charlie

Groan.png
Groan.png

Top Bottom