• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Odds & Ends And All Things That Don't Fit Anything Else

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
How about a new way to avoid traffic jams?

Sidewalk.gif

If you've ever been to the new Denver Airport, it has some very long moving sidewalks.
Especially in the B terminal.
First time I pulled up at a B gate I found out.
We landed and unloaded at B-2,; my connecting flight was at B-78 complete opposite end of the terminal.
Mid way across, is a restaurant on the 2nd floor; so escalator up, take a break, a little fluid intake, have a smoke, a little more fluid, down the escalator, back to the moving sidewalk 1/2 there, rest stop, back on sidewalk, and off to gate. Total time on traveling end to end (not counting rest stops) about 8 minutes; those things haul if you walk to them at the same time.
Just remember to stop walking at the end or you'll come off at 15mph.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Been there, done that.
That's the main concourse isn't it? Where you board the subways and go down the tunnels with propellers on the wall.
Always liked those; it's amazing how much of a "wind wake" that train creates.

Out of all the airports I went to on a regular basis; Denver was one of the coolest one.
The overhead subway in Detroit was OK, but it didn't have enough stops.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Showing love for your pet?
I've seen these in pictures only, so I don't know what they really look like; but they sure are convincing in the pictures.
I can see it now, you're standing In line and start making growling noises.
When the person in front of you turn around to see what's going on behind them; you open your coat and flash this:

big-face-attack-wolf-t-shirt[1].jpg

Or if you are a cat person, they have to have equal time:

the-mountain-big-face-brown-cat-t-shirt[1].jpg

They're around $23 each, and they have over a 1,000 different ones'

https://clothingmonster.com/en/109-animals-t-shirt-clothing?gclid=COCels7W2NACFZGIaQodnTgDGQ

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
3D printers; I've been going back and forth on 3D printers for the last 3 years; I'd like to have one, but their so expensive for the good ones. Then I'm lousy with CAD programs, so what's the sense of having one, hmm a scanner could solve that.
Anyway, when a new 3D printer comes out, I'm like a little kid with a case of the "I want that"

So this one just caught my eye

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products/skywriter3d/mdoz2000_e.html

Top Bottom