• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Odds & Ends And All Things That Don't Fit Anything Else

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had to get an old pick-up truck for personal reasons. Got a 2003 quad-cab RAM 1500. The Chassis on these beasts is a thing of beauty, the mechanical and electrical on the other hand, meh. Ram 1500.jpg

aknaten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Used to, I'm retired now, and starting to regret it.
I'm bored out of my mind ***********************************
I wish I was employable, but once they find out how old I am, they want nothing to do with me.
I guess I don't wear working 50 years too well. Sigh.
Oh how I wish I was younger, but I'm playing the hand I was dealt, and I've got to live with it.
That's what I get for being on a payroll when I was 11 (yes, you could do it back then).
I was sweeping floors and emptying garbage cans for $1.50 an hour.
I was rolling when I was really young, had all the good stuff, if I wanted to save and spend my own money.
But mom had gotten divorced, my little sister was 2 and life was tough, but we lived through it.
Volunteering is one way to make your time worthwhile. Look around and find someplace that need a little help. You'll be paid handsomely, just not in cash.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Volunteering is one way to make your time worthwhile. Look around and find someplace that need a little help. You'll be paid handsomely, just not in cash.
Like many of us, you have been a "things" type person. Find a "people" type place to volunteer. Developmentally Handicap Facilities are always shorthanded. I.E. Teaching a person with Downs Syndrome to build bird houses can be very rewarding. I speak with some authority having retired from the State of OK Dept of Human Services DDSD and presently developing technical services for Boeing and the Army. I refuse to retire again at only 76. If they finally force me out, I am going home to build myself a retirement cottage. Presently, I can only work a 7 hour day and I sleep more than I used to. But it is the hand I have been dealt. Forge on.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just reading about the cell phone companies that are shutting down the 3G services within a few years got me thinking about the ones that have cell phone connections on the vehicles OBDC. Wonder if in ten years all the older vehicles will be dead to communications or if that technology is protected. Will we be forced to upgrade our vehicles on a regular basis under the guise of safety?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Gggggeeeeee looks like around here, of course it is the West coast, not the east geezzzzzzzz
The weather goddess is all messed up this year.

Top Bottom