• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Odds & Ends And All Things That Don't Fit Anything Else

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There seems to be a recent surge of new members! Welcome!! Makes one wonder, was there a recent article or ‘mention’ in another forum or on an automotive site? Anyone care to elaborate why?

Thanks.... just wondering.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There seems to be a recent surge of new members! Welcome!! Makes one wonder, was there a recent article or ‘mention’ in another forum or on an automotive site? Anyone care to elaborate why?

Thanks.... just wondering.
Maybe since Elio stopped with the blogs over two months ago, the new people that were interested in the Elio due to those blogs are looking for new information. Since this is the only forum left and most of the FB groups are stagnant, this is where they go. It's part of being efficient. Only do what's needed and only a need to know basis. So, when new news comes out, it'll be on PR Newswire first then here in a nanosecond after that. It's more like a one stop shop for Elio.
I just worry that a newbie will ask a question if they can get the Elio in a color that begins with the letter "Y" and then all heck will break loose. Then after that, a power adder that starts with the letter "T". Hopefully I didn't open pandoras box.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I feel compelled to warn newbies to the Elio scene that it may be unwise to consider a non-refundable reservation deposit or any reservation deposit until they test drive the Elio with a guaranteed delivery date.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I feel compelled to warn newbies to the Elio scene that it may be unwise to consider a non-refundable reservation deposit or any reservation deposit until they test drive the Elio with a guaranteed delivery date.
Best thing is, Elio has stopped all reservations for over a year. One thing I do is check each week to make sure they didn't start it back up again. So, newbies will be out of luck if they try to make a reservation and give them money. Just so you know, I checked right now, there's no way to give Elio Motors money, even if you wanted to. Kudos to Elio for stopping reservations until they get this thing turned around.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Best thing is, Elio has stopped all reservations for over a year. One thing I do is check each week to make sure they didn't start it back up again. So, newbies will be out of luck if they try to make a reservation and give them money. Just so you know, I checked right now, there's no way to give Elio Motors money, even if you wanted to. Kudos to Elio for stopping reservations until they get this thing turned around.
I don't think that they stopped taking reservations because they wanted to. Taking money when the project is dead would be considered fraud.

Top Bottom