• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Odds & Ends And All Things That Don't Fit Anything Else

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's unfortunately is a reality that many will try to ignore. I have faith in Mark completing a fully tested production ready BEX but at what price? The hurdle is passing US standards, importing it, building it in numbers and the big "when" is anybody's guess.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have faith in Mark successfully completing his prototype build. The first milestone event
in the long R&D process to the production start line. Fun to watch the build process and eager to see it roll out his shop. :)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
comments from folks who don't know any more specific info than I do about the BEX carry little to no validity .... in short, the only person who does is Mark .... he has consistently stated the price point he's working toward ..... he will either be right or not .... at this point his numbers are the only ones that that are worth mention .....
I value BEX’s opinion/progress updates/ engineering/fabrication skills, your moderator comments/opinion, and other Elio Owner’s member‘s comments/opinions. It’s what I liked and continue to like about Arcimoto’s Facebook Page. The Company encourages comments/opinions, listen, and indicate they learn from them. Also, true of the Arcimoto FUV Club. Oddly, I was 1 ($100 refundable) of 65,000 Elio reservationists that thought Paul Elio’s marketing statements were valid, on the skeptical side of the aisle. It’s good we don’t all think the same.

1660659719996.jpeg

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mark also has a Facebook popular page where he personally keeps folks updated on every aspect of his development of the BEX .... as much as I'd like to say otherwise, its been a long time since I placed any blind trust in any of the very few words that have been released by Elio

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mark also has a Facebook popular page where he personally keeps folks updated on every aspect of his development of the BEX .... as much as I'd like to say otherwise, its been a long time since I placed any blind trust in any of the very few words that have been released by Elio
Well, remember how Elio kept everyone up-to-date early on, then shortly when the five (really 3 and then another shell) finalized prototypes, and communication essentially ended? Everyone has a good plan and steps until huge bundles of money are needed to get things rolling.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Both of you guys make solid arguments, and I would venture to say, both are to some degree correct.
Jury is still out on both arguments. I can't say as to which is stronger correct and incorrect.

I don't know, I can agree and disagree with either.

I to the point I am willing to hold my breath a little longer to see how this "new player" pans out.

So it's wait and see time

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Both of you guys make solid arguments, and I would venture to say, both are to some degree correct.
Jury is still out on both arguments. I can't say as to which is stronger correct and incorrect.

I don't know, I can agree and disagree with either.

I to the point I am willing to hold my breath a little longer to see how this "new player" pans out.

So it's wait and see time
And I'm not saying Mark can't do it, but we've all seen how hard it is to roll out a new car company. How many EV companies have failed, even with gov support? We all got burned (and I'll retract this if Paul is able to finally get this "car" released) on the Elio.

Now the one thing I'll give credit to Mark is, he's doing this on his own time and dime and not taking reservations and money (unless I'm mistaken?). I can't imagine the amount of time and effort he has to go through to do this.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
He can design, engineer, and build a prototype, but what‘s required after that takes ‘angel investors’ and a team of people that share his vision to cross the FMVSS certified production model finish line and that takes years. I’m 75 and will be to old to test drive it. However, I would buy one for both my Grandson and Granddaughter if it checks all the boxes. I Envision a future BEX EV. :) Note: I wouldn’t consider a reservation deposit until after an actual test drive based on past concept vehicle reservation deposit experiences. “No Test Drive-No Reservation Deposit” - my new motto.

It’s interesting to watch the progress. I wish BEX luck. The worst case scenario, he builds a custom three wheeler for his personal daily commutes. :) I followed this open, partial, or fully enclosed three wheeler concept for 12 years that did make it to production in 2019, but still waiting 2+ years on the full door enclosure option and sales/service to expand to my home State:

1660746850047.gif

My order is currently configured to this White Hot FUV:
1660750569792.jpeg

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And I'm not saying Mark can't do it, but we've all seen how hard it is to roll out a new car company. How many EV companies have failed, even with gov support? We all got burned (and I'll retract this if Paul is able to finally get this "car" released) on the Elio.

Now the one thing I'll give credit to Mark is, he's doing this on his own time and dime and not taking reservations and money (unless I'm mistaken?). I can't imagine the amount of time and effort he has to go through to do this.
I share your concern. I think it'll be a smart move for Mark to present his completed working BEX prototype to a bunch of established car and motorcycle builders (there's so many of them) in China where he's at and negotiate a fair price to build it in numbers. He can even approach the Chinese builder of SOLO!

Top Bottom