• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Odds & Ends And All Things That Don't Fit Anything Else

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rickb, this is your chance for a fully enclosed, all-year-round comfort 3wheeler at an unheard of 15.5k price! I understand about your seat situation- don't even know if there's adjustment for height. SOLO also benefits from it's liquid cooled batteries which relates to slower degradation and longer battery life than air-cooled FUVs.
I was ready to take delivery of my Solo Signature Series #121 reservation 4-5 years ago……..the date as I recall, the 12th of Never…….and that’s a long, long time. I enjoyed the SUV like driver comfort during my FUV test drive experience. Still holding on to a little hope for full enclosure and sales expansion to South Dakota.

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rickb, this is your chance for a fully enclosed, all-year-round comfort 3wheeler at an unheard of 15.5k price! I understand about your seat situation- not sure if there's adjustment for height. SOLO also benefits from it's liquid cooled batteries which relates to slower degradation and longer battery life than air-cooled FUVs. I also think that the SOLO's skin (hood, bumpers, doors and roof) are fiberglass- which resist dings.
Well, this is at the same point for the Solo that the Smart first appeared. They didn't have great advertising either. But the Solo is EV.
So we will see if that 5 year cycle for a green-category and uniqueness and the attraction to mini-cars hits home.

Right now, a few are on the road and that is when we find out if it will sell itself. The other differences to the solo, is the smart had two sociable seats and sits rather tall. When the Smart first came out, tall was not as popular as it is now. But the solo has the diamond lane, and the smart didn't without a passenger. So inside of a year, we will likely know.

Added: The Smart was like 39MPG, and the Solo would be a lot higher in MPGe. But most people don't know how to equivelate between MPG and MPGe. Generally at $3USD per gallon, in an otherwise duplicate vehicle the MPGe is double the MPG at current $ per watt taken from the 'grid'.
EV people mostly concern themselves with range and inital purchase price.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sadly, even with scaled production it'll be hard for me to believe we'll ever see that $11,900 price in the future because it's still mostly hand assembled and labor intensive.

They will, because when they touted the $11,900 price back in 2019 and 2020, they were going to achieve that price point in 2022, which was when they were to hit 10K units per year. Just a few months ago, Mark told us it'll be 50K per year in 2025. So that would even be a cheaper price as that's how it must work in manufacturing. I'd use Mark math and predict $8K for a new FUV in 2025.

Since it has been said that Q4 will be record breaking for FUV, that means they will have to produce at least 9K units to hit the 10K/year production mark.

I am applying to be a Chief Vision Officer of any company, as I can just crank out my vision and then when it doesn't happen, just look at that days headlines and blame whatever is at the top of the list. If Elio can blame the war in Ukraine, I can blame death of the Queen of England for why my vision failed.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps a future Department of Defense contract for a fleet of FUVs.
1667255394853.jpeg

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has Elio blamed the war? I haven't heard anything from them for some time now

From their latest SEC filing:
Russia’s recent military intervention in Ukraine and the international community’s response have created substantial political and economic disruption, uncertainty, and risk.

Russia’s military intervention in Ukraine in late February 2022, Ukraine’s widespread resistance, and the NATO-led and United States coordinated economic, financial, communications, and other sanctions imposed by other countries have created significant political and economic world uncertainty. There is significant risk of expanded military confrontation between Russia and other countries, possibly including the United States, Current and likely additional international sanctions against Russia may contribute to higher costs and supply chain disruptions. These and related actions, responses, and consequences that cannot now be predicted or controlled may contribute to worldwide economic reversals. In these circumstances, our efforts to raise capital or develop the Elio may be delayed or otherwise negatively impacted.

Go to page 11 on their latest SEC report. It seems companies just pick and choose something for their downfall. Never things like they overestimated the demand for three wheelers in the US and how they came up with a price point on those visionary sales numbers.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Might as well go after that. I suggest they make a press announcement on things like:
"Lots of WAWA's in PA and NJ have electric charging stations"
"PA Turnpikes have charging stations"
I don’t understand all your negativity regarding a three wheeler startup that actually crossed the production finish line and is making progress, slower on production scaling than I had imagined, but never the less progress. I respect that and wish the Elio concept had gotten that far along in their prototyping process. Arcimoto quarterly updates progress, along with receiving positive media reviews……why knock it? I’m a realist and don’t know if they will succeed or fail, but I do wish them luck and respect the progress they’ve made to date. Better than most. The vast majority of FUV Owners using it as their daily commuter are happy with the vehicle And the service and warranty support. When people see it and or test drive it the vast majority like it. It’s not going to meet everybody’s needs…….not even mine, given as much as I liked it fter my test drive, until it’s fully enclosed. They are doing what they say they are doing, but taking far longer than expected. Give them a break.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don’t understand all your negativity regarding a three wheeler startup that actually crossed the production finish line and is making progress, slower on production scaling than I had imagined, but never the less progress. I respect that and wish the Elio concept had gotten that far along in their prototyping process. Arcimoto quarterly updates progress, along with receiving positive media reviews……why knock it? I’m a realist and don’t know if they will succeed or fail, but I do wish them luck and respect the progress they’ve made to date. Better than most. The vast majority of FUV Owners using it as their daily commuter are happy with the vehicle And the service and warranty support. When people see it and or test drive it the vast majority like it. It’s not going to meet everybody’s needs…….not even mine, given as much as I liked it fter my test drive, until it’s fully enclosed. They are doing what they say they are doing, but taking far longer than expected. Give them a break.
We've all seen how difficult it is to start a car company.

Top Bottom