• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Oh Brother

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm just lucky I guess. I'm so busy with work, and the day-to-day 'real life stuff' with the family, I don't have the time to get stuck in the, "Watched Pot Never Boils" syndrome that many people seem to be stuck in. I almost feel sorry for folks that have nothing better to do than to dwell on crap they have no control over. Not healthy, or productive. Break's over...back to building airplanes.:)

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does Henry VI, Part2, Act 4, Sceen 2 ---- Dick, the butcher......... ring a bell?
Ummm . . . "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.". . . ? That sounds like a plan! But first we do away with all the wannabee lawyers . . . or trolls. :)

The most telling feature of that "petition" is that it's simply ignorant. You can't enjoin a company from taking reservations by claiming the delivery target keeps moving. If the writer has a problem with other people "investing" in their own Elio, it's patently none of his business. If he wants to claim he's been defrauded in some way, he needs to come forward and put his NAME on the petition.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Hey Wayne! Long time - no see."

Hey ,CompTrex,
I don't make it on here much since those with more power than me have me blocked. But life is good.
I'm sure after today they will finish blocking me.

Take care.

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think there is little merit to a class action suit at this point. A bit too early to call the whole venture a complete failure, though maybe not by much. I'm still hoping it works. If and/or when the whole thing fizzles though, I'd guess there will be plenty of opportunists out to scavenge whatever money might still be left on the CARcass, which I'm fairly certain will be zero. Lawyers will be well paid, everyone else will get nothing and most likely some taxpayers will pick up the check. That's how these things usually go isn't it?
Sueing broke people is pointless, even if you do have a solid basis. But I can't say they are completely without a point either. When I first started following the Elio project, I read everything the company put out and I certainly DID come away with the impression that they were MUCH closer to producing a marketable vehicle than it turns out was EVER really the case. Sure it's the marketing department's job to paint a rosey picture, but they might have used a little too much rouge in this case. It probably wasn't really a deliberate deception, more likely the accumulation of enthusiasm and optimism leaking all over the place.
And before everyone gets their feathers ruffled and starts waving their 'contracts' around, don't bother waving them at me. I'm just a disinterested party here trying to be objective. (I know how that irritates some folks, that's why it's fun.). A contract entered into under false pretense or with material facts not disclosed at the time can be easily overturned, so it'd be worth more as confetti than a contract if a judge sees deception or false pretense or withholding of material facts there. NONE of which changes the fact that there will be nothing to sue for anyway, so what's the point? I would hate to see whatever chance Paul still has of pulling this off to be blown by some idiot with a pointless stupid lawsuit.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm just lucky I guess. I'm so busy with work, and the day-to-day 'real life stuff' with the family, I don't have the time to get stuck in the, "Watched Pot Never Boils" syndrome that many people seem to be stuck in. I almost feel sorry for folks that have nothing better to do than to dwell on crap they have no control over. Not healthy, or productive. Break's over...back to building airplanes.:)
I just had a health scare and believe me I know how unhealthy it is to fixate on something that may or may not come to pass. Fortunately it was just that , a scare. So everyone, take a breath, relax and put the Elio in the place it belongs. Something that will be a hoot if it comes out but not a disaster if it doesn't. It really isn't so important as to create such a bruhaha. Although, in the back of my mind I was thinking, "Crud, I sure hope the Elio is produced before I kick off!!"

Top Bottom