• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ok, Not Similar

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Even more amazing to me is the fact that modern engines are simultaneously more powerful and much more fuel efficient than the muscle car era engines. In the 1970's the only cars which could achieve 30+ MPG were the little Toyota and Honda economy cars with their tiny engines. We would be hard pressed to find a 1970's car with 300+ HP which could also achieve over 12 MPG on the highway.

part of the increase in mileage can be attributed to improvements in transmissions .... in the '70's most automatic transmissions had 4 speeds .... our '11 Chevy truck has 6 and the new Camaro has 8

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
by the way, like the Elio the fuel port on my wife's new Camaro on the left/passenger side .... in addition, like the Elio, it doesn't have a traditional gas cap, fuel is added through a flap protected hole in a permanent cap

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
part of the increase in mileage can be attributed to improvements in transmissions .... in the '70's most automatic transmissions had 4 speeds .... our '11 Chevy truck has 6 and the new Camaro has 8
a 70's car with a 4 speed auto? Try 3, the manuals had 4 and that was a big deal; before then you'd get a 3 on the tree.
Maybe late 70's had the 3 speed with lockup (aka 4 speed).

by the way, like the Elio the fuel port on my wife's new Camaro on the left/passenger side .... in addition, like the Elio, it doesn't have a traditional gas cap, fuel is added through a flap protected hole in a permanent cap

"....... my wife's new Camaro on the left/passenger side." is it a right hand drive?

Quick caffeine IV to JEBar STAT!! :tea:

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
a 70's car with a 4 speed auto? Try 3, the manuals had 4 and that was a big deal; before then you'd get a 3 on the tree.
Maybe late 70's had the 3 speed with lockup (aka 4 speed).

"....... my wife's new Camaro on the left/passenger side." is it a right hand drive?

He is probably looking from the front of the vehicle. Maybe we should to stick to "Port/Starboard" nomenclature.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

wondered how long it would take for someone to notice .... sort of figured it would be you ... the fill port is on the passenger side, first vehicle I ever remember owning one that wasn't on the driver's side

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
wondered how long it would take for someone to notice .... sort of figured it would be you ... the fill port is on the passenger side, first vehicle I ever remember owning one that wasn't on the driver's side
I had an old Ford with the fill port behind a hinged license plate Bracket.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll take that as a compliment ;)

Of course it had to be me....It had to be me....la tee tum de de de duh, la la la lala

Top Bottom