• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ok, Not Similar

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I prefer "Owners Automatics"!
Groan[1].png

Not funny ............

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
when I was a teenager I bought a 57 chevy delray (600$!), ran it out of gas in the driveway playing with it, spent the next hour looking for the gas cap, my mother came home an showed me it was under the drivers side tail fin chrome, I never would have figured it out on my own..
I bought a used '69 VW beetle back in the day, I'd owned several older beetles where the gas cap was under the trunk lid, pop the trunk lid (up front) remove the cap, fuel it up and go, this was the first one I'd owned with a gas door on the right /passenger/starboard side. I pulled into the gas station the first time and it took me 10 to 15 minutes to find the gas door release (under the dash on the kick panel) I figured the gas station owner must have thought I'd stolen the car if I didn't even know how to gas it up.

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I bought a very '69 VW beetle back in the day, I'd owned several older beetles where the gas cap was under the trunk lid, pop the trunk lid (up front) remove the cap, fuel it up and go, this was the first one I'd owned with a gas door on the right /passenger/starboard side. I pulled into the gas station the first time and it took me 10 to 15 minutes to find the gas door release (under the dash on the kick panel) I figured the gas station owner must have thought I'd stolen the car if I didn't even know how to gas it up.
love it!!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
update :

yesterday we one again drove her Camaro from home to Asheville and back .... during the just under 500 miles she turned over 3,000 miles .... we didn't baby it, cruise set at interstate speed limit +4/5 mph .... don't know how many miles but two sections have a 70 mph speed limit .... she ran and handled like a dream .... up Ridgecrest Mountain (steepest grade on I40 from ocean to ocean) used 6th gear (8 forward available with paddle shifters) and had no trouble doing 60 mph .... down hill put her in 5th and didn't have to hit the brakes .... hand figured she got 32.6 mpg .... I'd love to take her Camaro cross country, better yet, run the Tail of the Dragon, that would be a fun .... unfortunately, my wife has seen the video and wants no part of it ... :confused:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Here is my collection of Dragon photos! And I'm waiting on two more photos. The blue LT and the White w/red & blue is the same bike, and one of the photos I'm waiting on is the latest remake of it.

nice .... I've run it on 2 & 4 wheels .... the least fun was in a 4 cylinder, top heavy, '65 CJ 5 .... the most fun was in '69 Opel GT ==> https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/1969-Opel-GT-Pictures-c10738 <== .... the bike was a Honda CB160 ....it was fun but really under powered to be as much fun as I would have liked

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I had a body shop I painted a Opel GT for a lady. Couple days after she picked it up she brought it back, upset that I missed a spot. I looked the car over, then asked. where? Then she turned on the headlights!
I removed the painted covers and told her to come back in a couple days.

Top Bottom