• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ok, Not Similar

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
they were new when we bought them but the instant we signed the papers, they became used cars

over time I've bought a bunch of vehicles (we have 5 right now) and a good number of boats .... there are advantages in buying pre-owned vehicles/boats .... over time I've done so .... that said, I've not had good experiences buying used and don't choose to do so .... we buy new and, so long as they give good service, we keep vehicles/boats for a long time .... examples, my new vehicle is a 2011 Silverado .... our Sportchassis is 7 years old, our Buick Park Avenue is a 2002, my wife's Trailblazer is a 2005 model .... I kept a 1978 Jeep J10 pickup for 24 years .... on the flip side, I've never purchased a used car, truck, or boat that proved to be a good buy

Uncle Charlie

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
on the flip side, I've never purchased a used car, truck, or boat that proved to be a good buy

I have never purchased a new vehicle. When my Elio arrives, it will be my first unless I replace my current pickup first. I'm seriously considering a new F150. With the exception of a 1960's Ford I dragged out of a junkyard, every used car or truck I have purchased has worked out well.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Booboo, what did you take it down for? It was a real life story; just sorry he can't find backing.
I find the E.O. site a bit confusing sometimes as there are so many threads. After I did a search and found a thread with the same name, which is what I should have done before putting in a comment, I moooved it.
Rumour: Apple Buying Lit? | Elio Owners

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
another month, another 500+ mile trip from home to Asheville to visit my Mom at her retirement home .... all in all, a really good day's drive .... I preface the next statement with saying we drove the same route, filled at the same pump, drove the same speeds (speed limit + 4 ) over the same interstate .... it now has just over 6,800 miles showing on the odometer and we were most happy to see Maureen's Camaro got 33.2 mpg round trip

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
a couple of weeks ago we had to have the windshield in my wife's Camaro replaced .... with the Head's Up Display that windshield proved to be expensive, something over $1,000 .... our insurance agent sent out a repair service and I have to hand it to them, they did a great job .... the $250 deductible we had to pay seemed to be a reasonable out of pocket expense .... based on a friend's recommendation, we checked with our insurance and found that it only cost $3 more a month to reduce the deductible for our Comprehensive coverage from $250 to $100 .... I can only wish that we'd reduced it before having the Camaro's windshield replaced ...

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
a couple of weeks ago we had to have the windshield in my wife's Camaro replaced .... with the Head's Up Display that windshield proved to be expensive, something over $1,000 .... our insurance agent sent out a repair service and I have to hand it to them, they did a great job .... the $250 deductible we had to pay seemed to be a reasonable out of pocket expense .... based on a friend's recommendation, we checked with our insurance and found that it only cost $3 more a month to reduce the deductible for our Comprehensive coverage from $250 to $100 .... I can only wish that we'd reduced it before having the Camaro's windshield replaced ...
You would have to replace the windshield every 4 years to break even with the lower deductable. In other words; keep the 250.

Top Bottom