• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ok, Not Similar

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
another month, another 500+ mile trip from home to Asheville to visit my Mom at her retirement home .... all in all, a really good day's drive .... I preface the next statement with saying we drove the same route, filled at the same pump, drove the same speeds (speed limit + 4 ) over the same interstate .... it now has just over 6,800 miles showing on the odometer and we were most happy to see Maureen's Camaro got 33.2 mpg round trip

Hmmm...I believe [but could likely be wrong] that the V6 in Maureen's Camaro is the same 3.6L V6 I have in my '12 CTS. I'm averaging 27 mpg. Then again, on the Interstates I take to get to work you'd better be doing 75+ or get ran over!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hmmm...I believe [but could likely be wrong] that the V6 in Maureen's Camaro is the same 3.6L V6 I have in my '12 CTS. I'm averaging 27 mpg. Then again, on the Interstates I take to get to work you'd better be doing 75+ or get ran over!

taken from a pamphlet that we picked up somewhere along the way :

"A 3.6L V6 stands as the Camaro's step-up engine and includes many upgrades over last year's V6, including direct-injection and Active Fuel Management for better economy. Also available with a six-speed manual or eight-speed auto, the Camaro V6 pumps out 335 horsepower and 284 lb-ft of torque and is capable of running from 0-60 in 5.1 seconds. When equipped with the eight-speed auto the Camaro V6 returned 19mpg in the city and 28mpg on the highway."

I've been impressed by this motor .... it eases along at interstate speeds with absolutely no strain whatsoever .... I remember the muscle car days when 300 hp out of a V8 was considered strong

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
taken from a pamphlet that we picked up somewhere along the way :

"A 3.6L V6 stands as the Camaro's step-up engine and includes many upgrades over last year's V6, including direct-injection and Active Fuel Management for better economy. Also available with a six-speed manual or eight-speed auto, the Camaro V6 pumps out 335 horsepower and 284 lb-ft of torque and is capable of running from 0-60 in 5.1 seconds. When equipped with the eight-speed auto the Camaro V6 returned 19mpg in the city and 28mpg on the highway."

I've been impressed by this motor .... it eases along at interstate speeds with absolutely no strain whatsoever .... I remember the muscle car days when 300 hp out of a V8 was considered strong

I see. I've got the same hp, but only a 6-speed auto. Wife's '17 Grand Cherokee has an 8-speed auto. Can't even tell when it shifts it's so smooth. Both a pleasure to drive on the highways. :cool:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Same here in the Journey, it has an 8-speed tranny, and you can't even feel it shift, except in the lower gears.
Can't check mpg yet, I've only put 285 miles on it, and used about 1/2 tank, but that has all been in city driving.
I'll fill out the numbers after I run a couple of tanks through it.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score

There is a kit to swap that LFX 3.6L V6 into my Miata. While it puts out less power than the LS3 V8 swaps, they say it is better balanced and still stupid fun. Definitely thinking about it :D

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks pretty minor, and limited in scope. False range indication, limited to a couple hundred vehicles.

Still important to know. I'm looking at the Bolt myself, and things like this are important to consider.

Top Bottom