• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ok, Not Similar

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Maureen's Camaro is a few days short of being 1 year old .... today we drove it 500+ miles round trip from our home in central NC to Asheville for a visit with my Mom in her retirement home .... during the trip she turned over 6,000 miles ... we drove mostly interstate highways with the cruise set at interstate speed limits plus 3 - 4 mph and she delivered 32 mpg .... she handles like a dream and is a blast to drive

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Maureen's Camaro is a few days short of being 1 year old .... today we drove it 500+ miles round trip from our home in central NC to Asheville for a visit with my Mom in her retirement home .... during the trip she turned over 6,000 miles ... we drove mostly interstate highways with the cruise set at interstate speed limits plus 3 - 4 mph and she delivered 32 mpg .... she handles like a dream and is a blast to drive
Cool, How many miles total on it so far?

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My RS conv. is less than a month from being 2 years old and I'm coming up on 9,000 miles. Most of my driving is around town and I'm averaging about 26-28.5 mpg. I see around 30-31 mpg on the highway.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Cool, How many miles total on it so far?

6,250 some miles .... our daughter has had a 2015 for a little over a year and a half .... she has 4,700 some miles on hers .... the vast majority of the miles on ours have come driving to Asheville and back to visit my Mom

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
6,250 some miles .... our daughter has had a 2015 for a little over a year and a half .... she has 4,700 some miles on hers .... the vast majority of the miles on ours have come driving to Asheville and back to visit my Mom
Still enjoy getting in and out of it?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Still enjoy getting in and out of it?

nope .... there is very little in the interior that was designed to accommodate someone my size .... it does have excellent leg room in the front and the seat is very comfortable .... when she was looking I tried to talk her into a Silverado but that met with no success whatsoever

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
nope .... there is very little in the interior that was designed to accommodate someone my size .... it does have excellent leg room in the front and the seat is very comfortable .... when she was looking I tried to talk her into a Silverado but that met with no success whatsoever
You should have tried for a shortened version of the Silverado, it's called a Tahoe and it's 18" shorter (wait, Mr. I know everything cars will be in here to correct me) for some reason the females see the shorter far more favorable, as in more manageable.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
in 2001 our daughter bought her first new vehicle, a decked out Tahoe that owner of the dealership we deal with had ordered for his wife .... yep, he had to immediately order another one for her .... our daughter still owns and drives that Tahoe .... in 2015 she decided she wanted a fun vehicle so the Camaro she bought became her second new car .... as you can tell, we try to buy good equipment, keep it in good shape and use it for a long time .... in 2005 my wife bought a new Trailblazer which we still have and use .... her 2016 Camaro may well be the last one she buys

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
in 2001 our daughter bought her first new vehicle, a decked out Tahoe that owner of the dealership we deal with had ordered for his wife .... yep, he had to immediately order another one for her .... our daughter still owns and drives that Tahoe .... in 2015 she decided she wanted a fun vehicle so the Camaro she bought became her second new car .... as you can tell, we try to buy good equipment, keep it in good shape and use it for a long time .... in 2005 my wife bought a new Trailblazer which we still have and use .... her 2016 Camaro may well be the last one she buys
Yes, but are those all new cars? Or good clean used cars?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
traditionally we keep our vehicles for at least 10 years .... my wife's Trailblazer is well over that and we plan to keep it .... it will be her going to down town Raleigh and when child safety seats are need car .... on March 31st she bought a 2016 Camaro RS 2LT .... it is a beautiful rig .... in the pictures it looks black but it is what they call Night Shad Gray .... pretty close to the color of our '02 Duramax .... yesterday we drove it from home to Asheville and back to visit my Mom, she handles like a dream, rides really well, with a 330 some HP V6 she has plenty of power to handle the hills .... hand figured, 32+ mpg .... loaded with features, I love the AC seats .... naturally its raining, when we get a new vehicle it always does

View attachment 8967 View attachment 8968 View attachment 8969 View attachment 8970 View attachment 8971
Looks nice! First thing I'd do is pull off the dealer sticker. They probably don't pay much for the garish advertisement above the tail light. I usually pull that sticker off before I leave the dealership!

Top Bottom