• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Oklahoma City Elio Or What I Learned In School Today

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
$105 is cheap.. Florida first time riders are required to take training at over $400 bucks and about 1/2 flunk the written or riders coarse the first time.. /You think 3 wheel skills are not different huh.. Motorcycle riding rules are very different.. You'd save about 500 a year insuring it as a motorcycle over a car..So $105 bucks would benefit you plus all other riders counting on you to know the rules for their saftey..So common sense trumps skill and experience ? With that attitude please don't but an Elio..
No, the same MC skills needed if it's a typical 1F2R wheel Trike or the more stabile Spyder that requires counter steering and a riders skill level to keep it upright and stabile so it doesn't crash into my Elio. Common sense is a requirement along with those necessary MC skill levels you gain with testing and riding experience.....to be a safe motorcyclist.
I am physically to old and beat up to ride a cycle but my attitude was that I can drive an enclosed Elio Trike safely since I thought it was much like steering a regular car without the hassle of a MC endorsement. If you say the Elio requires an MC endorsement and the same level of experience to drive safely then I have to cancel my refundable reservation. Crap, I was so looking forward to driving my new Elio. You win based on my crappy attitude. Enjoy your Elio. This is my final post.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There isn't anyone on this forum, including myself, that would not benefit from taking an approved MC safety course and I have taken two of them over the years.[/q I don't know about that.. The insurance math alone would benefit..

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, the same MC skills needed if it's a typical 1F2R wheel Trike or the more stabile Spyder that requires counter steering and a riders skill level to keep it upright and stabile so it doesn't crash into my Elio. Common sense is a requirement along with those necessary MC skill levels you gain with testing and riding experience.....to be a safe motorcyclist.
I am physically to old and beat up to ride a cycle but my attitude was that I can drive an enclosed Elio Trike safely since I thought it was much like steering a regular car without the hassle of a MC endorsement. If you say the Elio requires an MC endorsement and the same level of experience to drive safely then I have to cancel my refundable reservation. Crap, I was so looking forward to driving my new Elio. You win based on my crappy attitude. Enjoy your Elio. This is my final post.
Here's a note for ya.. If you take the mc test on/in a trike your get an endorsement for 3 wheel only.. It's easier many women take it but ride 2 wheelers and seem to get away with it..If you are depending on Paul elio to fix a problem, news flash, he has already, He's building a motorcycle not a car..

Last edited:

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You can drive an Elio just ignore the BS you hear sometimes.. The Elio will drive just like a car so stick around Rick..

Ray

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So you are willing to hand over your power to the bullies on this forum? I hope you will rethink your decision. You have made valuable input during your short stay on the forum. :-) Z

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Crap, I was so looking forward to driving my new Elio. You win based on my crappy attitude. Enjoy your Elio. This is my final post.

The Elio is no more a motor cycle than a Mule is a horse. The Elio is designed to be driven not ridden. Get involved with what is going
on in Idaho Vis-a-vis changing the endorsement requirement. You will own & drive your dream if you are proactive & hang in there.......... :)

Top Bottom