• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Oklahoma State Legislature

Louis Wesler

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Senator Don Barrington, SB 255

This is the sponsor of the bill that would change the Oklahoma Statutes to include the AutoCycle, and that is the bill number SB 255. Please write Sen. Barrington, and tell him he needs to get that passed.

I wished it was not going to be until 2016, before the All-IN $500 will be getting there Elio's but, maybe I can have mine paid for by then :-)

Have a great day/night
and write the Senator

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Senator Don Barrington, SB 255

This is the sponsor of the bill that would change the Oklahoma Statutes to include the AutoCycle, and that is the bill number SB 255. Please write Sen. Barrington, and tell him he needs to get that passed.

I wished it was not going to be until 2016, before the All-IN $500 will be getting there Elio's but, maybe I can have mine paid for by then :)

Have a great day/night
and write the Senator
Louis, welcome from sunny New Mexico. Like many of us we wish production was going to occur this year but the saga continues and they are now targeting "sometime" in 2016

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I didn't see where it said that; unless you're talking about this line: "An autocyle shall be registered as a motor vehicle"
Isn't a motorcycle a motor vehicle also?
I read it to be a way to cover the licensing endorsements.
You may be right. DMV and DPS only cover automobile and motorcycle presently. OCMV defines motor vehicles as you said. Now I'm not sure which way it will be licencesed here....:doh:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
per the Feds, 3 wheels = motorcycle .... that's the way it seems to be going
But that OK document that HonestTex posted created the "autocycle" class.
What I thought was a little short sited was the fact that they said an ICE powering it; that kind of means more work when an EV enclosed 3 wheeler comes out.
I thought that there was also a bill in congress the EM got the ball rolling on was to create an "AutoCycle" designation didn't they?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
EM is working with the Feds and is/has been working with the legislatures in all states .... many states have pretty well adopted the language in the Fed bill but some have "personalized" it

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
S.685 (senate) and H.R. 2892 (house) have both been introduced, and sent to committies in the house and senate.

Googled "autocycle legislation", found both bills. Same language in both bills. Worth reading if the forums are slow.

Top Bottom