• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Old Guys Rule

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My wife is skepticle about riding in the back seat of the ELIO . Haven''t been fortunate enough to see or sit in one yet so hope that will change her mind. If not , she can stay home!! RB

dteke

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I'm 51 going on 40 right? I've still got my vrod and my 77 gs750 but here in the Texas heat an air conditioned Elio sounds very cool not to mention it will get far better gas mileage.
Dteke

Reaction score
Wow ! Well, That's me, the trend setter of my time. Been trying to join the boy's club, since I 've been a young girl and joined the army. The closes I've gotten is the America Veteran Legion Post kitchen.
But, once we get this puppy on the NE Ohio roads all the masses will be joining in, like tie dyed tee shirts and smoking pot.
GO ELIO !

corvairbob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
this will not appeal to the young at first. it takes us old farts to recognize a deal when we see it. and i don't for see any bike riders saying they will not drive it. because it is not safe. if so call them hypocrites. like most things it will take some time to wear on to you. as soon as people see this and get use to it they will come around. this will be the second car/bike in the garage for most of us. when you need to go run errands this will be the car of choice and when you need to go to church or maybe out to dinner or get more that a few dozen bags of groceries this is the car your going to take.

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've had the opportunity to sit in the front and back seat of the Elio prototype. Front seat is spacious. Back seat has plenty of leg room but could get claustrophobic over an expended road trip. The Elio will not be my primary vehicle when I travel with my wife unless in town. But, for my work travel alone it will be great.

Everyone has a different need for this vehicle. It will fill many needs with great gas milage.

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi. Another over 50 guy here...I got the chance to sit in the back seat and it was comfortable. It needed a small TV screen on the back of the drivers seat for viewing both a front view camera and as a DVD player for long road trips. That seems easily added as an option. The other issues I noticed were the lack of emergency exit door, non functioning rear windows and I don't remember a cup holder in the back. The window issue made it feel claustrophobic, but I'd gladly ride in the back on road trips.

Top Bottom