• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Opposite Ends Of The Spectrum.

ncarter124

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like my big pick-up. Go big or go home. My next truck, when the wheels fall off my Tundra, will hopefully be a bigger truck with a lift kit. I'm not too much for speed (anymore). The problem for me lies in the practicality of it. The bigger the truck, the harder it is for simple things like going to the dump and loading firewood. Makes it tough when it's too tall. And I'm not near as redneck as my photo indicates, I just like a big truck. The Elio will be good to offset the cost of fuel.

Been there :) This is my old 2012 Titan. I loved it but it was insanely bad on gas... like....10mpg highway bad.
00r0r_hiXwqzcdyV9_600x450.jpg

I have always been a horsepower junkie, idk why. I enjoy the rush of merging onto an interstate at full throttle and being able to really open it up on rural roads. That being said, I have a perfect driving record with no accidents in over a decade. I am a very safe driver.

I also don't complain about gas prices, thus the Elio. ;-)

Coming from my end of the spectrum, I can't understand people that drive boring cars. I would never own a Subaru, Corolla, Camry, Accord....anything of the sort. Life is too short to drive something boring. Have fun with life. Yeah, my Wrangler struggles to get 18mpg, but driving with the top down and doors off cannot be beat. The experience is worth the cost for me, which is why I am adding a Hellcat to my stable.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Been there :) This is my old 2012 Titan. I loved it but it was insanely bad on gas... like....10mpg highway bad.
00r0r_hiXwqzcdyV9_600x450.jpg

I have always been a horsepower junkie, idk why. I enjoy the rush of merging onto an interstate at full throttle and being able to really open it up on rural roads. That being said, I have a perfect driving record with no accidents in over a decade. I am a very safe driver.

I also don't complain about gas prices, thus the Elio. ;-)

Coming from my end of the spectrum, I can't understand people that drive boring cars. I would never own a Subaru, Corolla, Camry, Accord....anything of the sort. Life is too short to drive something boring. Have fun with life. Yeah, my Wrangler struggles to get 18mpg, but driving with the top down and doors off cannot be beat. The experience is worth the cost for me, which is why I am adding a Hellcat to my stable.

See? You GET me!
As far as the boring car: I currently have my Tundra. My wife has a minivan. My son has a 97 Mustang. And I also have a boring car, a Solera. That is currently my 'and' car that I use to commute. When this all shakes out next year, the Mustang will go away (providing it last that long), son will get Solera, the van and the truck remain until they die, and my new 'and' car will be the Elio.
The Elio will become my new boring car.

ncarter124

Elio Addict
Reaction score
See? You GET me!
As far as the boring car: I currently have my Tundra. My wife has a minivan. My son has a 97 Mustang. And I also have a boring car, a Solera. That is currently my 'and' car that I use to commute. When this all shakes out next year, the Mustang will go away (providing it last that long), son will get Solera, the van and the truck remain until they die, and my new 'and' car will be the Elio.
The Elio will become my new boring car.

Oh I get it, hahaha.

I can understand the commuter car, that's what my Elio will be for. When you're going to work, you don't really care, you just want to get there, and I guess that is the mentality among the people that drive boring cars, I guess they just don't care... I wish I was like that.

I really don't see the Elio being that boring as it will kind of be like an enclosed trike, but I get what you're saying. In my world it will be the "boring" car of the group.

Top Bottom