• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Craig, your logo picture sure look a lot like a DEAD old weirdo.
An American Hero he was and a Legend he is.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:
craig.jpg

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Caesar?? That is the late great one and only BLUES BROTHER!! I know I'm from Chicago but who does not know John Belushi? Lol. For Elio and John, I quote
“Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! ”

― John Belushi in "Animal House"
Obviously I don't. LOL He still looks like Caesar to me, or at least depictions of him. LOL :) Z

Will I be banned from this site if I admit I never saw "Animal House"? I have heard of John Belushi but never seen him.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
boris.jpg
Ok so here's the deal :
BASE 6800.00
DELIVERY 800.00
PREP 500.00
CRUISE CTL 1000.00
REAR CAMERA 500.00
LARGER TIRES 1000.00
CUSTOM F FENDERS 1200.00
AUTO TRANS 900.00
COMPUTER/GPS 1200.00
PRODUCTION SURCHARGE 1000.00
PEPBOYS SERVICE MEMBERSHIP 500.00
TOTAL FOR ELIO........................................................$15,400.00 I have CASH in my hot little hand...let's GO ELIO !

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I listened to a radio interview with Paul Elio along with the VP's for sales and marketing. Paul had stated that they will keep with the basics for the base model vehicle. Power windows, power door lock, A/C, heat, traction control and abs (I might be missing something). I believe that they are installing power windows because the weight of the newer mechanisms are slightly lighter than the mechanical counterparts. The door lock is for them to easily integrate a keyless entry to either make it more appealing or to easily allow the option of a keyless entry as an option (why would you need a power door lock to unlock the only door which happens to be 2 inches from your hand anyways, has to be for keyless entry). Heat is an easy feature because the engine already has plenty of excess heat to keep you warm and if they didn't have it, it would kill there sales in the colder states. A/C is becoming a standard because it is used as a air drier for the interior cabin space. Chances are that anytime you have your defrost on in your current car the A/C compressor is activated. The A/C acts as a dehumidifier and removes moisture from the cabin of the car which helps facilitate more efficient defrosting of the interior glass. I'm not sure but it may even be a required feature on newer cars to help improve safety/ visibility. ABS and traction control are also standard safety features that I THINK are required on all new production vehicles. They are probably not required at all for an autocycle, but I believe that the engineers and executives at Elio Motors have much bigger dreams for the future and are trying to develop a platform that they can easily expand. Everything else will probably be an option. Why would they give more away than they have to? This will give them a strong platform and allow them to increase the companies profit through the additional sales of luxury options like leather, seat heaters, back up cameras, sunroof's, alternate fender/ wheel packages. Just my humble opinion.

Top Bottom