• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

ElioShawn

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hello, just joined the website. I emailed the questioned the cruise control question directly to Elio Motors. The response was they are hoping to get the ELIO produced with a cruise control as standard equipment and still stay with the $6800 price tag.

Oh wow, that's better than having to pay for it as an upgrade!!

ElioShawn

Elio Fan
Reaction score
It also shows a docking station for a smart phone as we'll, but I doubt it will be standard equipment. How about the leather seats from the same P4? Definitely not standard. This car is similar to the over budget house that a realtor would show you. It's to generate excitement and hopefully will get people to make a purchase based on emotion rather than rationality. Just because it is displayed does not mean it is standard equipment.

What is included as standard equipment is outlined on their web site!

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What is included as standard equipment is outlined on their web site!
I realize that. I was merely responding to a previous post and trying to make a point that the P4 that has been making rounds is loaded with options that will not be standard. I am definitely familiar with the website, facebook and twitter pages. I look daily to see if there is any new info. It is crazy I feel like I am addict to Elio and have to get my fix multiple times a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I realize that. I was merely responding to a previous post and trying to make a point that the P4 that has been making rounds is loaded with options that will not be standard. I am definitely familiar with the website, facebook and twitter pages. I look daily to see if there is any new info. It is crazy I feel like I am addict to Elio and have to get my fix multiple times a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am very glad to see I am not the only Elio addict on here. I get frustrated sometimes because the new information doesn't come fast enough. But that is because I only learned about Elio in January and spent a lot of time catching up. I sure hope getting the car cures us so we don't have to find an Elio Anonymous group to cure us. :-) Z

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I am very glad to see I am not the only Elio addict on here. I get frustrated sometimes because the new information doesn't come fast enough. But that is because I only learned about Elio in January and spent a lot of time catching up. I sure hope getting the car cures us so we don't have to find an Elio Anonymous group to cure us. :) Z

I would say most of us who take the time to participate on this forum are addicted to the Elio at some level.

EM is trying to communicate with us as much as we can really reasonably expect. They are now posting updates weekly on their blog, eliomotors.wordpress.com, they post information on Facebook regularly, and they are sending out a weekly "Tech Talk" email. They also do not appear to mind answering direct questions honestly when our members go see the prototypes in person.

We can't expect them to tell us every little detail going on behind the scenes and we must expect there will be some resistance from them to releasing bad news as they will try to put as much as possible in a positive light to keep the project as a whole moving forward.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you check out all my post, you will see they are posted evenly through the day from 8 in the morning till 11 at night every day from the day I was all in on the 17th of Feb.

Unlike the rest of you, I’m not addicted, I can quit any time, I don’t even shake very much when I’m away and besides, addicts don’t drop a grand they really don’t have.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
o_O

If you check out all my post, you will see they are posted evenly through the day from 8 in the morning till 11 at night every day from the day I was all in on the 17th of Feb.

Unlike the rest of you, I’m not addicted, I can quit any time, I don’t even shake very much when I’m away and besides, addicts don’t drop a grand they really don’t have.

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem!

Grayfox72

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I have been closely monitoring at this site and others regarding wish lists. And of course answers from the Elio team. If any you own a bike and it was purchased new, remember the price $$ and then if you started to see accessories, remember how you dressed up your machine. It was an on going exercise until you got it right. In my case back in 1988 I purchase a 1500cc Gold Wing, which set me back 10K, base price, then I started adding to it ( you name it and I had it) after a year it totaled out at 17K........Elio is priced at $6800, add-ons $$$$$ for the guys that want something different than the basic car. Based upon what Team Elio is saying in posts regarding add-ons, I'll bet to dress this beauty up the end results will be somewhere around 10 to 12K....Hey that's what it's all about , tailor it to your own personal taste, but don't keep asking for these accessories to be included in the car. In my case I want cruise control ( may or may not be included in price ), I also want an auto tranny cost $350-500 as per Mr.Elio, upgraded radio another 100 bucks, leather seat $350 someone wants a red paint job extra $$ and it goes on and on....We all want it at $6800 and the design team can only do so much with the budget. It's nice to dream..... but remember the $$$

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking over a grand for an automatic transmission, and was still gonna get it. am still gonna get it. if they have an upgradable auto transmission I am gonna get that...the tranny actually can be more important than any other singular aspect of the autocycle. If Mr Elio puts in a great transmission it will exceed sales points no matter the costs.

Top Bottom