• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has there been an mention of offering an extended warranty. It seems like with this being a brand new vehicle, that it might pay for itself.
Are you assuming they are spending all this time so they can get it wrong the first time? That is what it sounds like. :-) Z

Darrell

Elio Fan
Reaction score
No, I believe Elio is doing their best to get it right. However, even the big boys, GM, Ford, Toyota seem to have a recall frequently. Elio doesn't have the money to do all the testing that they do.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, I believe Elio is doing their best to get it right. However, even the big boys, GM, Ford, Toyota seem to have a recall frequently. Elio doesn't have the money to do all the testing that they do.

I think that is a legitimate question. This will be a completely new vehicle, but most of the components are currently used in other cars so, these components have been tested. Personally, I have always regretted paying for extended warranties. For some people tho,the added "peace of mind" might be worth it...to them.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now four months later, yesterday there was a data release mentioning in a few weeks we could be seeing an accessory website with accessories to vote for. How nice and great progression with team Elio! That will really be exciting when the accessories site is on the monitor in front of our wide open eyes!
Terrence :)
Great idea; wonder how many MONTHS until we see some 'action' on this promise?

amwinkle

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I know what I want. I want to be able to interface with the car with my Google Glass.

Kinda like the tesla, here http://glasstesla.com/

However, with the elio it could monitor MPGs, Maintenance schedule, and other fun stuff.

I mean I know the Glass market is small right now, but I would love to have an app like that on my Google glass :)

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks and sounds like their plan is coming together! The Sundays information release was great for us future Elio owners. I can not imagine all the energy the Elio team is putting into developing and producting the Elio. We are excited eh? I'll give them the space, the time for the needed development, the engineering, the never ending meetings, the how-what-why -the when,the paperwork, the data, the planning, the massaging of all the groups,the scheduling of groups and sub groups, etc.etc.. Lets not get to anxious, their plan is progressing my Elio friends.
Terrence Bernard:)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Now four months later, yesterday there was a data release mentioning in a few weeks we could be seeing an accessory website with accessories to vote for. How nice and great progression with team Elio! That will really be exciting when the accessories site is on the monitor in front of our wide open eyes!
Terrence :)

As far as I am aware Paul Elio did not set a date for when this would happen. I would be pleasantly surprised if it happened sometime before the end of this year however I don't believe it is likely to happen until next year when we are closer to production and when final decisions about what is going to be offered will be made and even more importantly at what price point.

Top Bottom