• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So.... I can buy a HUD that doesn't exist for my Elio that doesn't exist? I'm good with that! <lol>
The Navdy is following the same kind of strategy Elio has used -- discounted presales. Looks very interesting, but distinctly overpriced!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Heads Up Display - info (speed, for example) was projected on the windshield letting you watch your speed and the road at the same time.
Thank you. I don't know what I was expecting but I never would have guessed something like that. Is that safe? I would think it would be distracting. :-) Z

ks6c

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank you. I don't know what I was expecting but I never would have guessed something like that. Is that safe? I would think it would be distracting. :) Z
I actually found it to be a very relaxed way to drive - you could keep your visual scan outside the car, through the windshield, rather than down through the steering wheel to monitor speed.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I actually found it to be a very relaxed way to drive - you could keep your visual scan outside the car, through the windshield, rather than down through the steering wheel to monitor speed.
Ah, that makes sense. Do you have any idea why it is no longer available? :-) Z

ks6c

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ah, that makes sense. Do you have any idea why it is no longer available? :) Z
I suspect it was due to cost which depressed demand - mine was a company car so cost didn't impact me directly, but the folks who managed the fleet seemed to think it was worth it. I want to think the option was somewhere in the $1k range 12 years ago, a bit pricey for the average person.

Top Bottom