• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was caught in a line of 12 cars in northern California the same way. It DOES happen.

Luckily, Midwest police hate paperwork. Then again, there are some small towns out here that absolutely depend on the money they get from writing speeding tickets to out-of-towners just passing through....no exaggeration!

What's the topic? Oh yeah...options and upgrades. Okay, I want a HUD with a built-in radar detector for when I travel to Maryland, Georgia, North Carolina or California. By the way Jim H, I was stationed out in San Diego back in the day....LOVE that So. Cal. weather!

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Luckily, Midwest police hate paperwork. Then again, there are some small towns out here that absolutely depend on the money they get from writing speeding tickets to out-of-towners just passing through....no exaggeration!

What's the topic? Oh yeah...options and upgrades. Okay, I want a HUD with a built-in radar detector for when I travel to Maryland, Georgia, North Carolina or California. By the way Jim H, I was stationed out in San Diego back in the day....LOVE that So. Cal. weather!
Weather is fantastic, scenery is wonderful but politics and taxes drove me out of California

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From what I understand cruise control will be included, at least as an option.

From what I gather, it will be. Being basically an economical single passenger 'commuter' car, cruise control, I'd hope, would be standard. But if the upgrade seems a little out of line cost-wise to me, there's plenty of DIY aftermarket kits to be had. One way or another, I'm having one. In fact, wouldn't buy a vehicle that didn't have it.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

BigDaddyE

Reaction score
I am with you. We all like to personalize our cars, but keeping the cost down will be important to all. I would like many options to be available as time and money allow. However, I would like them approved by Elio Motors before they can be installed. This would insure that the accessories are compatible with the vehicle and insure some type of quality assurance. I want a flame paint job.

Lightning
But all of these options can be available in their brick-and-mortar stores without raising the costs to others who don't want upgrades, right?

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like this! Next we'll need motion detectors just to gently notify us of vehicles that are blocking our alternate lane changes both time and motion warnings in that zone. (I try to do this visually in my rear view mirrors at all times. Especially in thick traffic.)

Good one Folks! If I knew anything about, well...anything electronics-wise, I'd be all over this. Gotta find some smarter people than me to make this kind of thing happen. Any electronic/techo wizards on the forum?

Top Bottom