• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying let's not let this become another fuel door thread.

But I was looking at an interior photo of the P4 and noticed the cruise control buttons are on the left side of the wheel, with the right side unpopulated - does that annoy anyone else?
I feel like all the cars I've driven recently (personal and rentals) are the opposite, with cruise controls on the right and menu/radio/phone controls on the left.

It doesn't have much in terms of practical implications, and I know it's just the prototype, but that would annoy me on the production model.

DSC_0035_zps1c8bdf30.jpg
One more thing to remind you that you're not in your normal vehicle, I guess.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes this will be another fuel door thread LOL

But my Chevy Sonic has cruise control on left and radio/phone on right.

Mine too. Every new car I have owned (7 All American) have had the cruise on the left in the turn signal switch. My Sonic is the first on the wheel and it's on the left. I like it that way because I use the music button more and it's easier with my right hand and there is a lesser chance of getting hit when changing the station.:rolleyes: JMO

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying let's not let this become another fuel door thread.

But I was looking at an interior photo of the P4 and noticed the cruise control buttons are on the left side of the wheel, with the right side unpopulated - does that annoy anyone else?
I feel like all the cars I've driven recently (personal and rentals) are the opposite, with cruise controls on the right and menu/radio/phone controls on the left.

It doesn't have much in terms of practical implications, and I know it's just the prototype, but that would annoy me on the production model.

DSC_0035_zps1c8bdf30.jpg
That is an interesting observation. My 1999 Camry is so old that the only control on the left is the lights. My cruise is on the right as are the wipers and my radio stuff is on the radio in the middle of the dash and therefore on the right. My phone is in my purse or in one of the drink holders. I suspect like anything else on this vehicle, once I have driven it a couple of times I will adjust to any differences it includes. And adapt with great joy simply because I will be thrilled to finally be driving it. In fact I think I should consider where, between Shreveport and my son's home in Toledo, OH, I will have reached a level of proficiency that it is all automatic. Now let me see, where is a map I can look at. . . . . . :p :rolleyes: :) Z

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My wife's minivan has steering wheel controls for the radio. I still reach for the radio on the dash. Can't get used to it. I can't figure out the stupid radio / entertainment system anyway. Forward controls, backward controls, DVD, CD, AUX... whatever. Too complicated.

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My wife's minivan has steering wheel controls for the radio. I still reach for the radio on the dash. Can't get used to it. I can't figure out the stupid radio / entertainment system anyway. Forward controls, backward controls, DVD, CD, AUX... whatever. Too complicated.

You awl fuddy duddy :D

You're an engineer, it shows :p

Top Bottom